Bubba's SPS Journey

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such nice examples of a great selection of acros. You have inadvertently helped me to decide to add a bit of t5 to my system.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I do not. It is about 12" down in the water and my t5's are 11" off the water. I do plan to buy a par meter in the near future, so maybe then I can tell you exactly what it is.

The balrog is about a 45 degree angle away from the light and you can see near the bottom part of it is green. That is the side away from the light. I am also getting better polyp extension on the underside, so maybe it's getting to much light.

Hmm.. I'm wondering because I have a frag, and the mother colony looked almost identical to Balrog. It was a frag off a wild/mari colony TGC got in. Mine has lost the peachy/pink colors and now mostly green and yellow. It's in 200-250 par, think it needs more light. Yours looks great though, wouldn't change a thing.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your corals look great :)
Thanks!

Such nice examples of a great selection of acros. You have inadvertently helped me to decide to add a bit of t5 to my system.
Thank you! I do enjoy the t5's but I do wonder what they would look like under led.

Hmm.. I'm wondering because I have a frag, and the mother colony looked almost identical to Balrog. It was a frag off a wild/mari colony TGC got in. Mine has lost the peachy/pink colors and now mostly green and yellow. It's in 200-250 par, think it needs more light. Yours looks great though, wouldn't change a thing.
I don't know if TKC gets his corals from the same as TGC. When he did send it to me, it just say "New Release" on the bag. He then told me they named it balrog. I am happy with how it looks so I will be leaving it as it is.

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of salt are you using ? Your acro's looks amazing

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of salt are you using ? Your acro's looks amazing
Thank you! I use plain instant ocean but I do not change water to often. I change maybe 20% every 4-6 weeks. I use a calcium reactor so I am hoping it takes care of some of the trace elements.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Homewrecker went completely green on me after I got it. It is finally starting to get some pink back.
HW April4.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past weekend at RAP I picked up a JF Jolt and a CC Bahama mama. Earlier in the week I grabbed a Rainbow infusion from TSA. So far I am not really impressed with the Jolt but we will see with time. I asked Jason about the polyp color of the Jolt and he told me they get brighter as it grows out, only time will tell.

CC Bahama Mama
DSC_0102.jpg

TSA Rainbow Fusion
DSC_0084.jpg

JF Jolt
Jolt April 9.jpg

Last edited:

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rainbow fusion looks like it should be a stunner :)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rainbow fusion looks like it should be a stunner :)
I am hoping it turns out to be nice. The pic of theirs looks insane but you know how pics can be. I went to see it in person but they said they were having phosphate issues currently so it lost some of it's color. Just like the Jolt, I guess I will wait and see, lol.

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping it turns out to be nice. The pic of theirs looks insane but you know how pics can be. I went to see it in person but they said they were having phosphate issues currently so it lost some of it's color. Just like the Jolt, I guess I will wait and see, lol.

o_O LOL. Will be watching to see what it does in your tank :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back