Bubble Algae Outbreak

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I noticed today that there is suddenly a bunch of bubble algae on my corals and rocks. About two months ago, my emerald crab disappeared, and I assume he is dead, especially with the rise of bubble algae and bryopsis algae. I’d get another emerald crab, but my previous one was a monster. Clearly, however, the crab did a good job fighting algae, despite the many snail and starfish casualties. Should I chance purchasing another one, or are there other (preferably non-chemical) methods of removing this new algae? Thanks!

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a massive bubble outbreak. I mean massive, covered the overflow tubes, all over pumps in sump, rocks. I dosed some vibrant, vacuumed off as much as I could and picked up 4-5 emeralds. Within a few months they were all gone and haven't seen any in over a yr.

Looking back I probably would have skipped the vibrant.

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab a crab once the algae is gone start to feed the crab green seaweed so he wont go after anyone else. i always throw on a modest side thing of nori on a clip and place it at the bottom of my tank when i notice algae levels are getting too lose to support my CUC along with a broken up algae pellet

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emeralds are banished to the sump after I found them destroying some Montipora... just don't trust them anymore.

seashellysreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an emerald that just decided to stomp all over my zoas causing some to die. He never ate any bubble algae either. Now I’m dosing vibrant. It’s week 3 and I’ve seen slow progress.

Back