Bubble algae

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got bubble algae starting on the backside of one of my rocks. I can easily take the rock out of the tank to take it off but what is the best way to ensure there are no spores left? Just brush it?

phillygeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull the rock out with the bladder of the algae intact. I used a razor blade to brush/scrape a little bit off an area that was accessible and then rinse the rock. Several months and no more propagated. I do have a small area of growth that is not easily accessible, but was present at the same time I cleaned off the accessible part. If you want to be safe maybe apply a little peroxide to the area directly where it was before establishing the rock back into the tank

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one Emerald in my 58 gallon tank. Bought because i started seeing some of bubble algea. It's been few months and nothing

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way I worked with it was got an Emerald, Red Sea Sailfin tang and manual removed siphoning in my water changes no more bubble algae not even one

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back