Bubble Algae

ChiTown81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed some small bubble algae on on of my live rocks. What’s the best way of removing it?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I don’t think I have enough for them eat on algae wise.
I havent got a emerald crab but got multiply hermits and few times a week i use a coral feeder and get some clam chopped up or scallops/ oysters or even frozen cubed fish food and let it stick out end of tube and they grab the food and very cool/ intetesting to do.
I do think should i be doing this as fear they not go do their job i got them for as much as they well fed but all hermits constantly picking from the rocks except my red legged scarlet hermits, they seem to be quite lazy ha ha

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if its just one rock, I would take it out, clean it off, and let it sit in a QT tank for a month or longer. Hopefully it hasnt spread to your other rocks, Emerald crab might or might not work, it might also eat corals and other inverts too. But that stuff is nasty, you don't want it spreading.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had anyone use Vibrant? I’ve read mixed reviews about it.
No sorry i no experience with using vibrant but will bump this thread back to the top of questions so others can see and hopefully someone who used vibrant can help you.
Ive heard some good things about vibrant but also some bad things but maybe they dosed wrong idk.but what i personally noticed is if use chemicaks to get rid of one algae,it does just that but then another algae appears and sometimes end up in worse situation.
But goodluck whatever you decide but as someone said above if its only few bubbles then just remive rock and scrape off.
I read emerald crabs and foxface fish possibly can eat bubble algae

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back