Bubble anemone

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im new to the saltwater aquariums. I have a 39 saltwater tank. That's been setup about 6 or 7 months now. 3 days ago i got a green bubble anemone. For my clownfish. The clownfish was hosting my heater lol. Now im worried about my anemone. It looks like its stressing. My iron its 0, copper its 0.5,nitrate its 0, nitrite its 0, ph, 7.6 . Can you help me what my anemone is stressing or sick. My clownfish hasn't hosting it yet first pic was yesterday and the second one is todays.

20210915_154052.jpg
20210916_151854.jpg

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pH might be a little bit low, maybe worth raising it to around 8. What salinity is the tank at?

What light does it have on it. Its possible that what you are seeing is just the stress of moving from the stores tank to your home tank. Has it been moving around much?

Nems can be picky and sometimes do just close up for no reason. Mine sometimes appears unhappy and then a few days later comes out like noting was wrong.

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pH might be a little bit low, maybe worth raising it to around 8. What salinity is the tank at?

What light does it have on it. Its possible that what you are seeing is just the stress of moving from the stores tank to your home tank. Has it been moving around much?

Nems can be picky and sometimes do just close up for no reason. Mine sometimes appears unhappy and then a few days later comes out like noting was wrong.
My saltwater is 1.026 to 1.025. I got the anemone 3 days go. I got the live rock with it. It hasnt left that rock yet. I have the lights that came with my tank.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My saltwater is 1.026 to 1.025. I got the anemone 3 days go. I got the live rock with it. It hasnt left that rock yet. I have the lights that came with my tank.
What tank do you have for the lighting? If it hasn't moved its possible it likes it there.
Do you have any other coral in there, are they all okay.
Do you have results for other parameters? Alk, calcium and Magnesium

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank do you have for the lighting? If it hasn't moved its possible it likes it there.
Do you have any other coral in there, are they all okay.
Do you have results for other parameters? Alk, calcium and Magnesium
I have no coral , my alk its 40,my general harness caco3,250 i don't know how to text for calcium or magnesium. My tank its a 39. And it has LD lights.

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 nitrates doesn’t seem good you need to raise it around 0-5ppm at least for SPS like things. In this case anemone.

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More feeding or if you have a algae problem get rid of it. The algae is probably eating up all the nutrients in the tank. I had no nitrates and phosphates for 2 months due to GHA.
I have brown algea all over my glass. But i also have snails to clean it up. I will do more feedings.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no coral , my alk its 40,my general harness caco3,250 i don't know how to text for calcium or magnesium. My tank its a 39. And it has LD lights.
What test kit are you using for alk? And how does it measure to get a result of 40.you test for calcium and Magnesium with a test kit for them parameters.
Do you have a brand for the tank, I'm trying to find the light that will have come with the tank to see if that could possibly be an issue. Is it 39 liters or 39 gallons

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kit are you using for alk? And how does it measure to get a result of 40.you test for calcium and Magnesium with a test kit for them parameters.
Do you have a brand for the tank, I'm trying to find the light that will have come with the tank to see if that could possibly be an issue. Is it 39 liters or 39 gallons
I use a stick that i just dip in. I have

Top Fin Bowfront Aquarium​

Remember you need to treat the BTA as a SPS coral.
I use a stick that i dip in the tank. I have a Top fin Bowfront Aquarium . Ive been looking at lights. But im scared that my clownfish will jump out of the tank.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a stick that i just dip in. I have

Top Fin Bowfront Aquarium​

I use a stick that i dip in the tank. I have a Top fin Bowfront Aquarium . Ive been looking at lights. But im scared that my clownfish will jump out of the tank.
Is that the ones petsmart sell. I'm struggling to find a marine version, if its the standard version then I doubt that the light will be able to support an anemone as it will be designed for a freshwater tank and has a different light spectrum.
What test strips are you using? There's only a couple that actually work in marine, I think api and one other are the only ones.

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the ones petsmart sell. I'm struggling to find a marine version, if its the standard version then I doubt that the light will be able to support an anemone as it will be designed for a freshwater tank and has a different light spectrum.
What test strips are you using? There's only a couple that actually work in marine, I think api and one other are the only ones.

So i need to upgrade my lights? What kinda of lights can i use? Thank you for helping me.

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i need to upgrade my lights? What kinda of lights can i use? Thank you for helping me.
Anemone need good par lights I would recommend the Ai prime. Here’s the link for it on the Amazon.
AquaIllumination AI Prime 16 HD Reef Aquarium LED (Black)

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While on the topic of light do you have enough flow for the anemone?

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with danroo. Ai primes are great I use them in both of my tanks. I've also seen them kept under kessils, a slightly cheaper but still good option.
I've also kept one under a black box light when my ai broke and I couldn't get another one as they where out of stock everywhere. They're okay for a lower budget but they don't last long

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back