Bubble in silicone seam on new custom tank?

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past Monday I just received a brand new custom aquarium. Along the bottom edge of the short pane of glass opposite the drilled side of the tank I found a small amount of silicone appears to be missing. I have attached a picture. It is very hard to explain but if you kneel down and look at the edge straight on you can see that a small amount of silicone is missing. You can actually see through that spot through the glass to the clear silicone on the bottom. I had my wife look through and put my finger on the other side and she could see my finger. Is this a serious issue? I'm guessing it is.
20211020_194154.jpg

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it may be a spacer. Tank builders will use plastic spacers to keep the pieces of glass a consistent space between. Some builders remove them as they go and some leave them in. You can send the picture to the manufacturer, but even if it was a bubble in the silicone, I wouldn't be worried about it. It may just bug you more than anything now that you know it's there.

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that makes me feel alot better. I did send them a picture asking about it I'll update with their response.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back