Bubble Magus Curve 5 protein skimmer a review.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Cause I ordered one and should be here next wed. $200 shipped I'm a big fan if the BM skimmers. I have a 3.5 cone on my frag tank now and it rocks !
All the BM skimmers are the bees knees it seems and you cant go far wrong with one.

bigcapct

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take some pics. Let me know how deep u keep it in your sump.

Wildman926

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
" The idea is you drain the skimmate off into another receptacle which most find rather odd including me. "

Not odd, if you are not aware of the reasons why. You can have a remote container to collect more waste so as to enjoy tank more, instead of working on it every day. Some waste containers that are purchased, also incorporate a switch to shut off the pump when full. I have the Octopus waste containers that have this. It sure saves me if something makes the skimmer overflow.

Nice to know this skimmer can sit in more shallow water.

4B9C6006-2E48-45B4-94C0-FA0634010D94-163-00000009839FEE58.jpg

wastecontainer.jpg

bigcapct

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been running for a half. Overflowing like crazy

navila06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my buddy down the street has a curve 5 and after seeing it and working with him to get it dialed right, I am glad I paid a little more and bought a SWC 120.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my buddy down the street has a curve 5 and after seeing it and working with him to get it dialed right, I am glad I paid a little more and bought a SWC 120.
That's strange. I have had many skimmers over the years and my Curve 5 is by far the easiest to dial in with just a flow control knob couldn't be simpler in fact.

jezreex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I am new to reefing although I have been very successful with freshwater planted aquarium. I have all the necessary equipment for my soon to be 100 gal reef tank except for the protein skimmer. I bought a reef octopus diablo dcs-150 but unfortunately it was too big for my sump so I have to return it. I am thinking of buying the space saver reef octopus extreme xs 160 to replace the dcs-150 but I have to add another 60 dollars at least. I was trying to look at the bubble magus curve 5 as a replacement because it is a lot cheaper do you think this will work with my 100 gal?

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a difficult skimmer to use. Mines been on my tank for 4~ months. Every time I clean it, have to do break in period all over again. Overflowing the cup and filling sump with micro bubbles.

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good write up .

Canada would be the cheaper option for some BM models for us peeps in the U.S .

A buddy has the Curve 7 and loves it so far . It is a quiet skimmer . FYI all of the curve models and some Hero models have that red plug on the side. The plug is there for the option to

use a Sicce or Aquabee pump.

I really looked hard at the 9 but there are a few complaints of noise from the rock 4000 pumps .

I know this is a Old Thread . The pump on my Curve 7 finally went out and I'm thinking about adding a different pump might even go DC. your comment about Sicce or aquabee interest me but i can't find anymore information on the internet. i've email bubble magus for more info with no reply.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back