Bubble tip anemone is shrivelled up any one know why ??

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats this on this rock ? Aiptasia ? If it is could be stinging the nem ?

Inked69026E3C-9EC3-446E-AF61-303F28B56FEA_LI.jpg

Last edited:

John Genmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to be one also one top of pic in middle..

Water parameter, light and flow really big.. don’t wanna be that guy but everyone told me to early to get one at the stage but I did anyways I didn’t have the best of luck but I learned something about the water in new tanks..good luck rock looks good..

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank was setup around april 17th of this year im sorry to say but too early for a nem i also learned the hard way as read in my build thread my nem died due to new tank syndrom.

OP
OP
Crazy coral keeper

Crazy coral keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Red Sea max nano I haven’t changed anything its all stock
How much flow would the nem like a lot a little ??

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would eradicate the Aiptasia totaly it is a pest anemone and will kill all coral in your tank. It will then over grow everywere and destroy all life. Yes you would want to destroy all know aiptasia. make sure you treat the rock it grew on.... here is some good reading about aiptasia.

yes knowing what i know now ii would give nem to a friend for now wait till you destroy known aiptasia and have atleast a good soild 6 months with stable parameters not just a month. youre gonna go through the uglies and all sorts of crazy stuff before you have a stable tank.

You did say your tank is only started on april 17th of 2020?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back