James_O

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can someone tell me if this is a BTA. I was told it was and when I first got it, it looked like a regular BTA. But now it’s huge and really doesn’t look like a BTA. am I doing something wrong? I’ve had it for a bout 4 months.

the second pic is when I first got it. Also will these kill torches and hammers??
Maybe a lemon drop I’m not too sure
+1 on the lemon drop, but I’m not expert. @Eagle_Steve?

Top Shelf Aquatics

bevo5

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I started with one small guy about six months ago. I have 15-20 now, scattered throughout the tank. They weren't bubbling for a while and about a week ago they all started bubbling again. They've always bubbled up at night, but during the day they would really elongate. I changed nothing, but they're fun to look at either way.

One has settled directly on top of some zoas and I cannot get him to move. I attack him with a turkey baster about 5x a day but he just sucks it in then comes back out a half hour later. Zero way for me to get to him, it's on the backside of a huge rock. Oh well.

crazyreefergirl

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
RBTA is easy to keep IMO. This one is about 5 years old. The oldest I have is about 18 years old. Got a couple good morph by keeping different nems together. Picture is a little blurry but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 16

DenverSaltyFarmer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can someone tell me if this is a BTA. I was told it was and when I first got it, it looked like a regular BTA. But now it’s huge and really doesn’t look like a BTA. am I doing something wrong? I’ve had it for a bout 4 months.

the second pic is when I first got it. Also will these kill torches and hammers??
Awesome looking nem!! That is a Chicago Sunburst Anemone. My favorite I currently have 5 of them. they will change colors depending on the tank and lighting, maturity. Lemmon drop anemones are just a Chicago sunburst in yellow phase

Mibu

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have my one nem and it turned me into an addict. I guess that can be one thing to try to prepare for.
RBTA is easy to keep IMO. This one is about 5 years old. The oldest I have is about 18 years old. Got a couple good morph by keeping different nems together. Picture is a little blurry but you get the idea.
I love your nems. Gorgeous! Mine is a bit of a fruit loop... I still love him though.
My best picture to date that shows true color.
bta-night.jpg

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

crazyreefergirl

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have my one nem and it turned me into an addict. I guess that can be one thing to try to prepare for.

I love your nems. Gorgeous! Mine is a bit of a fruit loop... I still love him though.
My best picture to date that shows true color.
bta-night.jpg
That's a nice RBTA. How did you get it to color up like that?

Mibu

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That's a nice RBTA. How did you get it to color up like that?
I have/had bad lights orbit marine ic led x 2 , new lights now k7 v3. Bta was sitting under 100 par. Never left his rock. Roamed around in a circle here and there. But that was the extent of the journey.
We'll see if anything changes. Growth on all corals was very bad, except on hammers and blastos. So... I wonder how much it will change. I'll need to bust my par meter out later.

What would you buy RIGHT NOW if you found an AMAZING deal on it?

• Equipment

Votes: 327 52.2%
  • Dry Goods

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Coral

Votes: 166 26.5%
  • Other Livestock

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 45 7.2%