bubbles coming out of liverock?

Danimal5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bubble algae in my last reef set up, and emerald crabs took care of it within a couple of weeks.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will that not kill the live rock itself? So if I did to much at once I would start a recycle? Also I would need to remove any sps from said rocks before I did the bath.
1 part hydrogen peroxide to 3 parts water? I cannot get rid of the bubble algae, willing to try something new
No. They a reffering to directly dousing small amounts to the tank. It doesn't kill the bacteria. It kill or dissolves organics and to some extent the algae Dino cyano etc.

Yea you could try Dino x but personally I would clean we'll keep up on water changes and increase your snail population before any of that.

nano/reef/newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, if nutrient test doesn't show on test kit then the rock is leaching nutrients and being used by algae (any algae). The air bubble is a byproduct from the algae (except bubble algae). Is the bubbles increases when lights is on?

When my nutrient was high (long ago) even hair algae produces air bubble. Just continue with whatever nutrient control method you have in hand. It will take sometimes for live rocks to release all nutrients before the algae receded. Once gone, your rock should be sparkling clean.

hi I’m having exactly the same issue is this guy not so much with the bubble algae but all my SPS develop brain tips where the new growth is and I’ve got air bubbles coming out of the live rock the tank isn’t six months old spoke to a few people who had success keeping SPS before the six-month period so I thought I would try it but it’s definitely killing off any SPS I put in thereAll softies are doing great it’s just the SPS can send photos

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def bubble algae I used vibrant and took about 3 months to rid of it all.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back