Bubbletip help

Aridala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon tank that has been up and running for over 7 years. It started as a FOWLR, but earlier this year I started getting into corals. After adding a few corals, I decided to get an anemone for my clowns. I actually ended up with three, two green bubbletips and a rose bubbletip. I understand that as long as they are all the same species, there should be no issues.

Now my corals are doing just fine and seem to be thriving, but the three anemones not so good. I have double checked my water parameters (listed below) and everything seems to be in proper range. The largest anemone moved to a shady place under a rock and appears to be doing better.

My question is this. Could the light be too intense for the anemones or is it possible the clowns may be to aggressive in hosting? I have two tomato clowns, two occellaris and three skunks. The tomato clowns keep the others away from all three anemones.

Again, the corals are doing fantastic.

Salinity: 1.25
Calcium: 460
Alkalinity: 8.4
Phosphate: .03
Nitrate: <10 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 ppm
pH: 8.2
Temperature: 79.2

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to speculate without an image or two, but from experience I've seen clownfish literally harass a smaller anemone to death. BTAs are fully capable of moving (and often), so if lighting was an issue you'd probably see some indication of this.

Your parameters look good, so things you could also look at are flow (too much, too little) and what you're supplementing them with (I usually mix in calanus with fish feeding, and dose phytoplankton daily and reef roids for my anemones twice a week).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back