Bug irritating my rock anemone

moorjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home and noticed my rock anemone was irritated and balled up- and then would slowly open back up again- only to be stung or something and would then quickly close. I starred at it for a minute and noticed a little black (or dark colored) bug was crawling around it. I haven’t been able to capture a pic/vid yet- but I know it’s not white. Kinda looks like a small mosquito. Any ideas?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sadly, i can't see the bug. If you could. Get the rfa off that rock and dip the rock to see what comes off of it.
Do not dip the anemone.

OP
OP
moorjames

moorjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to see I know- been trying to get a good shot but the thing is so quick and doesn’t come out often. I’ll try to dip- but the bug doesn’t seem to live on the RA- seems to be living in the rock or something

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back