Bugs on frogspawn coral

Jake4727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy thanksgiving everyone! I’ve been battling with this bug that I have not been able to identify. You can see in picture the little white dots. Some are very small eggs that don’t move and some are large bugs that I can see moving with the naked eye. They look close to pods but I can promise you they aren’t. They irritate the frogspawn and cause the PE to not be as good. The steps that I have taken so far is dosing interceptor into my main display, 36 hours, 50% water change after time is up. Then repeat One week later to kill off the hatched eggs since eggs cannot be killed. I’ve done this process three times and every single time the babies always hatch and end up coming back. Thanks for yawls input.

F966FACC-E148-4EBD-8D69-F49B2044FD16.jpeg

Dooly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they look egg shaped and walk around wobbly? I had ostracods that started destroying my lps and 3 doses of interceptor later they are all gone.

Dooly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting that they are coming back if you dosed multiple times. Are you keeping chemical filtration out and turning protein skimmer off for 24 hours after dosing?

OP
OP
Jake4727

Jake4727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting that they are coming back if you dosed multiple times. Are you keeping chemical filtration out and turning protein skimmer off for 24 hours after dosing?
Yes, I take the carbon out, but I leave the skimmers on with the cup off. Just to keep ph stable.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back