Build Threads: is there a way to view only the OP's build posts and hide the comments?

NinjaTiLL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish there was a way for users to create their build threads in a way that you could view all the relevant "build" posts without all the discussions/comments. Would it be as simple as giving the OP a way to tag each "build" post as such? And then give anyone viewing the thread a way of filtering so they only see the "build" posts? Or could it be like an article where the OP's build posts can be viewed all in a row with the side-bar conversations/comments in a separate, related thread?

I really struggle to go onto a build thread and start to get interested in a build with the OPs first few posts only to scroll though a ton of pages of discussion that I don't have any interest in. I just want to get to the next "build" post to see the progress of someone's build.

Anyone else wish for build threads focused on the actual build?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish there was a way for users to create their build threads in a way that you could view all the relevant "build" posts without all the discussions/comments. Would it be as simple as giving the OP a way to tag each "build" post as such? And then give anyone viewing the thread a way of filtering so they only see the "build" posts? Or could it be like an article where the OP's build posts can be viewed all in a row with the side-bar conversations/comments in a separate, related thread?

I really struggle to go onto a build thread and start to get interested in a build with the OPs first few posts only to scroll though a ton of pages of discussion that I don't have any interest in. I just want to get to the next "build" post to see the progress of someone's build.

Anyone else wish for build threads focused on the actual build?

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, but I do have a thought. I'm not certain it would work. I may try to test it out though....

1. Go to the thread you want to see.
  2. Click the search option
  3. Instead of search "everywhere", change it to search "this thread".
  4. Go to the by "member" box.
  5. Type in the name of the OP.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that seems to work, though it is a little clunky. It only shows you a portion of a person's messages, but you might could use the back and forward button to skip through the content.

It may be a nice feature request to add your suggestion and potentially the option of showing the entire message when you do a search.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back