Building a 1600 Gallon DEEP Bioshock aquarium!

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the side panels being attached? I saw that you said you'll be applying silicone but silicone doesn't bond to acrylic so it'll just form a gasket correct?

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3026.JPG
have you filled this with water yet?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely time for a update! Don’t leave us all drooling sir!! Lol

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you our In the Deep oceans Mermaid/ Merman Hunting?? We want Pitchers of the Catch ... oops i mean octopus hunting..

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see an update on this. I really suspect the walls will bow with the weight of the water and break the seal on the acrylic panels or something worse. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see an update on this. I really suspect the walls will bow with the weight of the water and break the seal on the acrylic panels or something worse. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
I think you are absolutely right. He said earlier in the thread he wanted to push the limits of chipboard when I asked if he concidered cement. I kinda was sceptical then how it would go. Hopefully he proves us wrong but you gotta wonder. Water that deep will exert an insane amount of pressure.

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that is around 14,000 Lbs. of water. That is like the weight of 3-4 cars, I just can't see those walls supporting the weight of a single car in the horizontal direction. Again, I hope he proves us wrong.

Hitmans reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so danged cool , wished I even had the room to do such a build. Wife would kill me anyway, but I think it might b worth it to swim with the fishes...lol

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since he hasn't logged in since April, I would say this was a bust. I hate to say it. I was pulling for this to be completed.

I wonder what percentage of builds, especially plywood, don't ever see completion? The bad part is we don't know because they just stop. At least come back and say "I enjoy it so much I am never getting on a computer again! Peace out!" or "It was an epic failure. So much so that even the dog left me. Good bye reefing community!"

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually probably 1/2 a mile from my house down the road. A guy I know his GF is the one who painted it. I will have to ask him if he knows anything about this tank when I see him next.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The use of silicone seal on acrylic, and other design issues that were mentioned in this thread made me cringe. I came to it late, and wondered how come no one had pressed the builder earlier on some of these finer points of the design instead of focusing upon the image to be used for the background?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back