Building a shelf NEXT to my aquarium...

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically i have this tank and a stand....the tank fits but has some room on the side...i would like ideas on HOW i should build a small shelf that runs the height of the tank....

20200113_120315.jpg 20200113_120340.jpg

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, small update..i just got a piece of wood cut to fit under the for extra support.
Now we are thinking of using a top NOT fitted to the tank we are using, however....well, here are our ideas...
20200113_133933~2.jpg

20200113_134207.jpg 20200113_134207~2.jpg

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not 100% sure what the goal is. Are you trying to make something that matches the tank so that the canopy sits evenly, or do you want a shelf that fits on the side to fill the void, or both?

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really know either. This is tough. But yeah, basically both. That wasn't the idea at first but then i found the canopy in the closet and one thing led to another....

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... easy. If you can use some basic tools, I am happy to design you something that'll go there. I can send you a sketchup file to follow, and you can cut pieces to match, then assemble as the sketchup model shows.

All you'll need to do then is stain it, clear coat it, and enjoy it...

Scott Ulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank and the stand? If it is a 36" cabinet I'd consider getting a 40 gallon breeder, if it is 30" I'd consider a 29 gallon... Petco dollar per gallon sale would only be $30-40, which you'd probably end up spending around that much to devise and stain a cabinet for that space. IMO a bigger tank and more visibility from the side would be worth it. I do realize the current tank is drilled, but you could probably reuse those fittings.

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank and the stand? If it is a 36" cabinet I'd consider getting a 40 gallon breeder, if it is 30" I'd consider a 29 gallon... Petco dollar per gallon sale would only be $30-40, which you'd probably end up spending around that much to devise and stain a cabinet for that space. IMO a bigger tank and more visibility from the side would be worth it. I do realize the current tank is drilled, but you could probably reuse those fittings.
We have a 55 but it's just too much on our plate to keep up with and we want to downsize until we can get into a house in the next year

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... easy. If you can use some basic tools, I am happy to design you something that'll go there. I can send you a sketchup file to follow, and you can cut pieces to match, then assemble as the sketchup model shows.

All you'll need to do then is stain it, clear coat it, and enjoy it...
Omggg that would be so amazing and kind of you. Please!

Back