building a stand for the waterbox 20 cube

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im build a stand for the waterbox 20 cube does anyone have any ideas another question should I dose in my 20 if I keep sps/lps or am I fine with 15-20% weekly water changes thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx what about dosing things like kalkwasser in my ato? if so how much should I dose I have a 5 gallon ato
I had a pair of 25-gallons and I never had to dose anything when I kept up with water changes. Especially if this is a new tank, as it will take a while to get established.

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of 25-gallons and I never had to dose anything when I kept up with water changes. Especially if this is a new tank, as it will take a while to get established.

You can simply dose alkalinity or choose a salt mix that has a higher alkalinity to start with.
ok so i should have to dose anything like magnesium or nitrate phosphate because can get rid of the nitrate and phosphate with a wc and replace the mag with a wc right

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i should have to dose anything like magnesium or nitrate phosphate because can get rid of the nitrate and phosphate with a wc and replace the mag with a wc right
Your filter socks and protein skimmer will remove most of your nitrates, along with any bio media you choose to add. Water changes will certainly help, but they’re mostly to replace trace elements and refresh the water.

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your filter socks and protein skimmer will remove most of your nitrates, along with any bio media you choose to add. Water changes will certainly help, but they’re mostly to replace trace elements and refresh the water.
so i should be good with maybe kalkwasser and weekly wc right

KetchumAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i should be good with maybe kalkwasser and weekly wc right
Weekly 10-15% water changes should be fine, I would only dose if you had large mature corals sucking up all the nutrients and space in your tank, but 10% weekly changes should be able to keep up with most tanks, especially new systems. I only dose amino in my waterbox 15

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly if you actually swap out 20% a week I’d wager more likley to succeed than fail …
the magic happens not in just the H2O, what happens is your routine in attention and maintenance that slides in along with the water change..things you do in tandem “just because” , and if weekly, that’s the trick…
as for the stand, go aluminum …check out the 80/20 threads here : aluminum, 80/20, zyltech

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back