Building an AIO 40 gallon and getting married need you help!

alechales1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Alec! I've been doing freshwater for a while I currently have a 75 gallon discus/southern Painted Turtle tank and a 29 gallon galaxy rasbora, planted.

I've been wanting to do a reef tank for a while but I promised myself I would spend several months researching (I started the end of February) exactly how I would set it up before I just when out and started throwing water and rocks in a tank hahaha. I know I want to build an all in one 40 gallon breeder I'm moving in a few months so I'm waiting until then to do start.

Okay so here's the cool part! I'm getting married! I need your help! My fiancé and I signed up for a competition, with our local news (KSL 5, Utah), to win a free all-inclusive wedding at an amazing Aquarium here in Utah! We both love fish (I'm obviously obsessed), and just animals in general, so as you can imagine this would be amazing! We are officially one of five finalists who could win! We have been interviewed on the morning news and everything! The competition is voting based and runs until the 17th of this month, you can vote once a day.

I reached out to @randyBRS over at BRS for help ( we all know how great he is), he strongly recommended to reach out to the community on R2R! So here I am! I know that the fish and reefing community really lookout for each other, I'm banking on it! Here's where I'm asking for your help. Who wouldn't want this!! I mean how cool is that! I know that those in this hobby really look out for each other and that what I'm banking on.

It's so easy to vote! I have the link below. Just vote for Brenna and Alec! We are currently in second place but very close to first! Help another aquarist and his cute fiancé have a dream wedding! Please share!

When we win, with your help, we can give you pictures to show our amazing aquarium wedding!

You can also go to my Instagram @alechales1 and the link is in my bio

I'm excited to get to know some of you and to contribute anyway I can!

https://www.aptivada.com/promo/254482?ref=ulink&app_type=gallery

IMG_2549.JPG

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and congrats on the pending nuptials.

Henryt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you win! That way with all the money you save on a reception (even if you don't win - hope you do!, don't bother inviting a whole bunch of useless people that will not remember who you are 20 years later) - get yourself a nice tank instead. Research your hardware and buy the best you CAN afford-not the cheapest - not the most expensive.

Discod1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also new here. Happy to vote for you guys! I'll vote every day. When does the contest end?

OP
OP
alechales1

alechales1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you win! That way with all the money you save on a reception (even if you don't win - hope you do!, don't bother inviting a whole bunch of useless people that will not remember who you are 20 years later) - get yourself a nice tank instead. Research your hardware and buy the best you CAN afford-not the cheapest - not the most expensive.
That is a really good point!! I like the way you think

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back