Building my 1st saltwater aquarium, 225g

tcrumbley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! So happy that I have found this forum. My husband and I are scuba divers that became interested in bringing the ocean to our home here in hot North Central Texas. 19 months ago, we purchased a used setup from our LFS (3hrs away in Dallas, TX). I voted for the 90g setup, but my husband was much more ambitious and chose the 225g instead. It is a gorgeous setup, but it has taken us awhile to get everything arranged for setup. We live in a really old home in the country, and had to have the floor braced to hold the weight of the aquarium, electricity run to the spot where the tank was going to sit, and have spent time gathering the details, research, and equipment we have needed. NOW IS THE TIME FINALLY! We are just waiting on one replacement plumbing part to get the tank replumbed with new pipes and then comes water!! I am so extremely excited and can't wait to learn all I can.

The pictures attached are the tank before we started working on it. I will update with future pictures as we make progress. Hope to have saltwater and rock with everything running by next Friday!! :)

IMG-3667.jpg IMG-3660.jpg

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Definitely start a build thread so we all can follow along with this one!!!

kput

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on scraping the corraline off the back, or leaving it?
I left some on my used setup I bought, it was out of water for a bit and died, all turned white, and now every so often giant flakes fall off.

Food for thought, but I wish I would have scraped all mine.

Back