Bulkheads and how to make them stop leaking????

BRS
Zoanthids

Keen4

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I had a small but persistent leak in the bulkhead on my sump, I took it off, placed a bead of silicone around the hole and replaced bulkhead. Problem solved.
Is it reef safe silicone? What brand if that matters? I bought one from Home Depot but Im not comfortable using it yet.

skylar

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is it reef safe silicone? What brand if that matters? I bought one from Home Depot but Im not comfortable using it yet.
Don't use the home depot one, toxins will seep in to your tank and crash it for sure. I had it happen to me 10 years ago when people weren't sure. Some said they were safe and it went horrible. You can grab a small reef safe silicone even at petco. I think Aqueon makes them.

Keen4

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Don't use the home depot one, toxins will seep in to your tank and crash it for sure. I had it happen to me 10 years ago when people weren't sure. Some said they were safe and it went horrible. You can grab a small reef safe silicone even at petco. I think Aqueon makes them.
Thank you so much for the confirmation

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
BRS

Have you noticed any changes in the color of your coral based on how you feed your tank?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 68 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 91 53.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 5.9%

MAX OUT