BULLY FISH! What fish should you stay away from?

Do you have any "bully fish" in your tank?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 258 61.3%
  • NO bullies just misunderstood...

Votes: 137 32.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 26 6.2%

• Total voters

bizzybeas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my fish get along great and cause no issues. In a 32 gallon Fiji Cube I have a Pygmy Cherub, Bi color Blenny, Caramel Clown, and a Vanderbuilt Chromis. All are model citizens.
All of your fish get along? Inconceivable! :)

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two purple tang. A perfect gentleman in one tank for over 5 years now and a pure devil in the second. Every individual specimen are so different.

Sam

This is the reason why his tantrums are tolerated. This frag came from another tank full with GHA. He cleaned it in less than five mins.

sam

Last edited:

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my flameback angel fish. Nice to look at but thinks he runs the tank.
lg36855FlamebackAngel.jpg

mysaltwatertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Grammas. My royal gramma is bullying my clowns and my shrimp. Specifically my fire, cleaner, and Ocellaris clowns. But he only does it to my female clown, he tried to bite her but she just launches her tail or her head straight at him. it’s kind of scary. And he snips the antenna s off my shrimps. But doesn’t do a thing to my baby mandarin the size of a cerith snail
My royal gramma hasnt done anything like this but I heard dottybacks do and they look very similar

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma hasnt done anything like this but I heard dottybacks do and they look very similar
Yeah, he only does it I noticed when he refuses to eat. But since then I haven’t found him doing anything. He’s quite a model in the tank. Mine is definitely a royal gramma I know the difference between the two.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back