OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a filter roller and a pair of heaters to be added. Need to man up and wire this altogether and keep it tidy.
77DF5B2A-EA50-4B9A-AE66-2B8A5110D34D.jpeg
Sand to add to display and then fill with water and start the next phase. Come on stock levels!!!

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MVP Order
Clarisea still out of stock and few other items too, just couldn’t roll the dice any longer so this will be enuf to get me wet. Don’t plan on running the filter roller anyway until we’ll after cycle anyway.
A13B6DF5-9DD5-4055-9927-482F5E0CD22F.jpeg

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next little plan

Gonna swap heater and controller over to the new 200w heater in the nano tank (no controller for now on in nano tank).

Remove ac pump and replace with new dc pump.

Forgot that seneye needs extra length for touching bottom (par). Need to demanage the seneye and see if it can reach if not need the usb extension.

Then I need to do all the wiring in sump etc and wire up all the mixing station.
Then it’s just add extension to ato line and let the rodi flow into display and sump. Which will start another wee list then :)

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumblebee Reef
75g display tank
30g sump/refugium

TLDR
  • Minimal Aqua-forest scaping with sand
  • Mixed Reef, branching SPS treetop, euphyllia treetop, gonipora treetop, with encrusting sps,lps,Zoas on trees, sand bed gardens mainly brain corals, shroom, flower nems and a Clam.
  • Hybrid lighting (reefbreeder and 4xT5)
  • Heavy side of stocking; variety of fish no multiples apart from breeding bangaiis and clowns
  • ULM; ATO, AWC, Filter Roller, Auto feeder, auto dosing
  • UV (parasite control)
  • Custom Stand
  • Quarantine system always running with black mollies.
    Dream is to sell and trade frags with fellow enthusiasts
How the story began...
Currently running a 13gallon (14x14x16h) nano mixed reef tank with HOB and now starting the build process to upgrade to a 36x20x24h mixed reef display tank. Plan to move scape, corals and black ice clowns from nano to new tank and convert nano to a Quarantine System.
Tank will be in living room and will be attempting to run dosing lines, water lines, electric etc (AWC,ATO) from garage. Garage will hopefully have a 'Reef Station' which will consist of QT (always running with black mollys), cultures, battery backup, mixing station, dosing system and storage.
Main reason for all this moving to garage is, there is no space under this 3foot system for what I want to run. Hoping to run a filter roller, UV steriliser (1xturnover) as well as the basics (pumps, heater, wavemakers all on a battery backup), sump will be my frag tank.
Nano Tank will run in parallel until the new tank is ready for the corals and then become QT. Will most likely not personally QT the first fish in (as tank aint available) but they will be sourced best to my ability and nothing else will be added then until nano tank gets merged (minus cuc).
Thats my kind of POA and it all started off with a oh thats pretty, 2.5k receipt and 9 month later get the hell out of here purchase and I got it all for 400 (about the price of the lights), so im doing well as I planned to buy something similar all new, but always kept an eye just incase, here is my nano too as of last night...
IMG_1948.png IMG_1949.png IMG_1950.png IMG_1951.png IMG_1952.png IMG_7161.jpg
Seen you on youtube good vids mate

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have mentioned and I missed it, but what kind of tube is the yellow soft line?

Silicone Hose 12/16 fuge 16/22 returns and 25/32 primary/secondary

Seen you on youtube good vids mate

R2R wasn’t embedding the videos right anymore had to change to that. Do hope to get more video content when up and running.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you source it? I have considering colored silicone tube, but I'm afraid of leeching chemicals from the coloration

Never thought like that. Just thought silicone hose spot on lol. I don’t think that would concern me tbh.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paternity Time...
Busy time in household with new one arriving quicker than expected. that’s 2 year old 1 year old and now days old in house. So will be going at the best pace possible, so be flying for me lol.

Ordered some stick on Velcro for some in sump controllers and usb extension too just to take pressure off seneye.

Also ordered some quarantine meds etc. Have locked down plan, med cupboard, equipment etc. Completely look forward to getting into that in due course but before that the tank needs broken down. Just had hankering

Can’t wait to get next few cheeky wins.
- Sump plugged in
- Dosing station
- Mixing station
- Organise storage
Then move on to this, but once sump plugged in I will prob start rodi drip.
- Rodi fill tank
- Check plumbing
- Salt heat (measure)
- Balance plumbing
- Dr Tim’s
- New list.
Even though new list will be in motion as soon as rodi dripping and as u can tell love a good todo list.

Also with Clarisea still being out of stock and owning a lot of stuff and not needing it during cycle, and prob won’t need filter roller for bit, might it be fun to go back to my original plan of custom filter box. Might dabble with it, will see. Could keep me at bay for 6months and even see how filter socks go.

F1494E93-BB5D-481E-B6A6-B315C03BC136.jpeg A0D21D09-9BBE-4007-B346-25B0A93EDAE5.jpeg 6886C30C-945C-42DC-8393-6143A93B3C5D.jpeg 589EFDE8-C275-4267-9AFC-C435D8ECCC4C.jpeg

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As spongebob says...
One eternity later...

Disconnected the connection from ato pump and attached to rodi filter, added tap valve to ato output in sump and extended to display. Straight connection on end just for bit of weight.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I started thinking about what I was gonna do about this custom filter box. Remembered I had glass too so cud create custom sock holder with floss too. Or egg crate and smaller socks. But cutting my primary and secondary to size was putting me off. Somehow I landed at tmc reef roller manual 90 dingers. Fitted lovely but no rolls currently in stock but thought manual be ok but everything else automated. Well I knew about the bubble magus arf. But only arf-1. Didn’t know about the series. So I bought this impulsively and it’s exactly half the price here of Clarisea sk3000. £300-£150. So I took the punt and ordered a couple rolls. £13 for 25m rolls. Clarisea also still oos. But it looks exactly like it apart from the motor on the bulky side.
812D295E-5D18-4F8B-95B5-2A21A23AAFF2.jpeg D7255D83-777A-4586-9950-FA3994880182.jpeg 30030AA8-811F-42B5-8CA2-E14715BACA88.jpeg
Hopefully works out well. But I’m happy with decision so far.
Also tank still filling, feel like it will need turned off tonight as won’t be safe overnight.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back