OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
£1.50 punt with no response on local reef group. 1 1/2 inch washing machine fitting. Cut,file,sand, spray outside of fitting to match. Think it’s gonna work out well tbh
0DC05068-4991-4CB0-A227-B98B28C55D81.png F0A374CD-C064-49C8-8964-0A0C49714E76.jpeg 34597921-6D67-4DB2-87B2-172528FDFA88.jpeg DD0A8238-2527-4D41-9285-2BDFD28AD3A1.jpeg ADCC2A10-F9DA-496D-9ED3-AB649EB978A3.jpeg A764C51A-A718-4CD1-99CE-C276E5F87617.jpeg E8FF2134-6CCE-4236-BE87-942353DBFB52.jpeg

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Underground Project
Tried to see if we could access tank from far side, was like threading an needle from afar. So will need to lift floor to create hatch and meet in middle. Hopefully get this done over next few weeks. Be good to get pipe laid so can then run 4 electric cables, 2 12/16mm water lines (AWC), 1 4/6mm line (ATO), 2 wires (AWC) and x 4/6mm lines (dosing min 5), would like a few extras in there for growth so dont have to go in here again tbh. like skimate (1)?, extra dosing (3)? and if ever was doing automated testing (1)?.
Discussions in regards 4 electric lines; 2 rings main, on separate consumer unit, so house cant trip tanks electrics. 2 separate circuits on tank soon to be named heart and soul. so that soul only trips self (lights, reactors, misc) and only heart (pumps, wm, heaters) can trip self. Future will be putting heart into a battery backup so never goes off with 8 hour run time hopefully with charging coming into play by fuel and/or solar so should be able to run forever.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living Room Hatch
So real nice to know my tank sitting on 3 joists and at the wall :)
Living room floor is solid bamboo flooring (fitted self years ago), under that is cloud9 membrane and then your classic tongue and grove pine boards. Skirtings took a bit of plaster with but nothing to worry about, glue back on, skim and coat of paint and will never know. Was able to put rope over side of wall quite easily. Rope has a loop on end and hopefully should be able to go fishing at other side and pull rope through.
IMG_8044.jpg IMG_8045.jpg IMG_8046.jpg File (1).jpg
Put room roughly back together, to keep the marriage alive.
80BAB3DF-E236-4DED-B3CE-28C976BCC16D.JPG
Hopefully get another go tonight to pull rope from fridge, attach to pipe and pull pipe all way through and put fridge back as if nothing happened. At hatch end will then need to put flooring back together properly and make hatch removable. This will allow access one more time to do electrics. I would like this to be done in next coming days so we can start running cables etc so I bring the tank in. Tank is officially ready to come in as there is no real dirty work left can all be done in house :)

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wall isn't in middle of room, its 1/3 way. Yeah there 2 walls. ;Facepalm , still working out a plan, i have a roll of copper that might work. If not im thinking fishing magnet and another smallerheavy duty magnet and cud drag it across. The last resort is lift the entire floor, I dont think I can do it mentally, so will see. Maybe lunch will try this copper thing and maybe start putting the floor back together anyway and get the living room back to way was be end of weekend. (with removable hatch)

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a beast. A lot bigger and heavier than thought. Perfect for job. 90mm smooth like silk inside. Rope cudnt pull her through. Was hitting walls and access was limited.
5B8029F0-F651-4E66-94C9-C067D75BA325.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let’s complete the story...
So I did at one point say out to ****! Sack it. But we powered through. I definitely wanted to give up a few times as I’m skimming a lot of the shambles that went on. But basically made larger hatch and got access to do it’s thing.
D9E064A5-9DC4-4BC6-BEA8-1DCE00EE5066.jpeg CF1B2A77-3176-43DB-ACAA-4847ABC511FD.jpeg A0FB06AF-9122-452F-9ED3-4F29B0354CEF.jpeg
Father in law great man doing this with me. That’s him in the hole! Was able to run more coaxial to so can move the WiFi and the black box away from fish tank and to kitchen which is the center of house so great job as be out of site and shud be better WiFi availablity. Have to order connectors to move it properly.
9456FCA6-7111-43D9-909B-57E0EC584030.jpeg
Hatch baby!! So tank sits over this and this is now easily removed. Still have to plaster, glue skirting and paint. Then onto getting her to garage, but wee buns compared to this
17726B21-D9DF-4449-9AE1-6E134FEBB3B3.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loads and loads to do beyond this, but a little priority list is needed.
  • Underground
    • Drill Hole in Garage
    • Run Pipe from Garage to Fridge
    • Run Cables/Tubing/Wiring from A-B-C (garage to living room)
    • Move WIFI/blackbox to Kitchen
    • Wire 2 double sockets under hatch (Tank can come in at this point)
    • Wire Consumer Unit
    • Wire Battery Backup Changeover
    • Plumb dosing/ato/awc
  • Sump
    • Cut Out ATO Res,
    • Wrap Sump
    • Glue Bumblebee
    • UV Fittings
  • Move Tank into living Room
    • Level
    • Cable Management
    • Prepare for getting WET (another list)

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DEADLINE DAY - COMPLETED IT MATE
FEB
  • Clear/Clean/Dump/Sell/Prepare Garage - Dedicated sections to ensure a safe reef station. (THIS MAY TAKE SOME TIME)
  • Have New Tank on Stand and Basic Layout of system in place for photo (still equipment to buy, but waiting for my moment, to know im hot). HO Fuge awaiting delivery (hope it fits, pixel perfect kinda order), I Have an unknown which is Controllers, Tablet. May need to build a mini control board.
  • Phase 1 Reef Station (just use what have but will do this up in long term as proper dedicated reef station , I plan on fragging in future, clear space for all things reef)
  • Move/Setup Mixing Station (prob just use what have until upgrade to bumblebee reef station style)
  • Cultures Setup in Reef Station
  • Setup Basic Doser/Containers
  • Nano Reef Moved From Living Room to Reef Station :eek:
So Garage is not pristine, but not bad. Confident with system layout and have resolved the controller board (canopy and tablet in sump). Basic station/ space set aside. Mixing Station set up and working (nano tank ato pulling from rodi bin). Cultures moved, doser and containers have a place (getting doser this week), nano tank in garage (quite sad, miss it i do).

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automatic Testing
Been toying with reefbot since it came out, but with enough research and chat I believe the mastertronic is the solution. Price difference isn't that much and I personally believe focustronic will be able to support it compared to reefkinetics. Main benefit though is the ability to test the big five with 12 vials! Thats class! plus the water clarity parameter the have added to better understand your use of carbon etc. I dont ever see me testing multiple times a day so therefore wouldnt need the alkatronic, but could i see upgrading the doser to the dosetronic to automate the dosing. Absolutely. Happy enough, but understand I dont need this 2k purchase right now or even the 1.2k. But would be lovely, but with the get wet purchases still to order theres probably another 1k to be at point of then monthly recurring fish,corals,inverts,misc. So I have made my choice, but I will let the mastertronic and dosetronic be for the foreseeable.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trade Day

Good day it was! Haven't seen my buddy in flesh in must be six months. I traded him one of my zetlights (he going to use in sump for frags, as am I), bottle trace elements, 750ml bottle of copes/rotis, florida ricordia and papaya clove ployps. And in return i got jebao doser and slave (5 total), media (i plan to use a very small amount of biopellets to ensure a constant carbon source) and some frags (leather, paly, blue shroom and a small unknown shroom).
Had to fashion together a shroom box as were not attached, but hopefully come together and all goes well. Successful Day indeed

4d240ad3-8e20-4c19-9a0d-9713b198c2b5.jpg cfb7ac6c-7b3d-43fa-a5ce-1cceb438b513.jpg Capture.PNG

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing POA
Few things to buy still to fashion it altogether but will be nice wee side project at some point.
Channels:
1 ATI PRO 1
2 ATI PRO 2
3 KALKWASSER
Start of Journey
4 POTTASIUM NITRATE
5 TRISODIUM PHOSPHATE
End of Journey
4 CALCIUM CHLORIDE
5 SODIUM BICARBONATE
Future
1,2,4,5 - Change to Soda Ash, Calcium Chloride, and Magnesium Mix with Tropic Marin A/C/K ? Will have to do price check.
Elements
Using 1/2 for Mag/Trace equally with 1/2/3 balancing out for alk/cal. Kalk will be used as the main source for alk/cal but will be dosed to minimise pH swing. My assumption is if i dose ATI based on MAG, then the rest of the trace elements should be dosed efficiently too. At some point, KALK will be at its max dose due to evap and if mag is being maintained I will need to use 4/5 to maintain cal/alk as coral population increases.
Nutrients
I believe I will have a decent filtration - filter roller, skimmer, fuge and biomedia, so 4/5 helping nutrients as overfeeding at start wont be enough as so little stock, so as add stock over course of year this should be able to be minimised or stopped and heavy feeding be enough. Only time will tell but thats the rough outline.
Other
Chaeto Grow for fuge? Maybe manual if need be. MB7? manual with WC if decide to, LaCL3 manual as it only be if phos just sky rocketed. If need carbon will use biopellets so no need for carbon dosing. Phyto will be manual when adding pods etc too.

Last edited:

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, what a well planned build! Very nice job on everything, definitely following! Can't wait to see it up & running :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back