OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 13
Params rise bit more than expected (but hopefully all in order).
CD7B02D1-C6CA-415C-98E8-52CC00139ECD.jpeg

Got my store credit sorted and bought another tang. I had a Tomini tang set aside, which was beautiful. Proper flame fins, but he wasn’t eating so wasn’t worth risk. So bought a 2 spot bristletooth tang and a copperband butterfly. Risky fish but hopefully works out. Will do all I physically can (LFS put up post showing him eating frozen, did it in front my eyes too so thought this was the fish I was waiting on) But keep cultures, brine shrimp etc.
Been a scary addition. The colonel didn’t take them so well, added mirror and heavy feeding but 24hours and I’m a lot more content. Still chases every whip, but not more than a dominance show IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fish
Fish were added monday night (was aggressive), tues evening I was alot more content (more a show of dominance no intent to hurt) copperband didn't eat, so thought right tangs good, just copperband feeding to sort, today I went for mysis in a tube were it slowly released, and he dinged some, throw in a cube in a defroster and dinged it. Removed the tube few hours later as he was eating in open waters and let them mysis out (turned wavemakers off). Absolutely delighted! Great Start! Got some other feed types to try aswell as copes, brine shrimp and friend gonna give me some of his bloodworms and clams to try too. Will feed multiple times a day i think, see if can get it just right. Want him in absolute great form.

Plan for next 4 months

Ongoing media purchases etc and copperband care.
  1. Gramma added to display
  2. CUC (conch, snails maybe pincushion urchin depending on algae)
  3. Torch (dwarf tree)
  4. Clowns / Nem (designer)
  5. Sandbed Coral (flower nem maybe instead)
  6. Sump Brick (more biomedia i think is required)
  7. Water Vacuum (want to get sump cleaned)
    Dial these well in over the course. Stability is KEY!
  8. Schedule
  9. Stability
  10. Husbandry

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 14
Params holding ish (no real clue tbh when ur in high territory), I am definitely gonna lose some of my SPS. But what shocked me (so quickly it changed was the shock) is softies are night and day, really happy,fluffy and the ones i thought were getting too much light are fully out (yes stalks non existent but polyps out). LPS much muchness. So im happy to see that at 2 nitrates softies where not happy, lps ok sps seem fine and 20 nitrates my sps is a no go and softies buzzing. So hopefully dial in and find a happy medium in between 2-20, LPS alot more in feeding mode. Need to get nuisance algae clear too.
1626277329758.png

Feeding

Feeding three cubes (breakfast lunch and dinner), mysis is key! I read that breakfast is good for CBB and they bang on he always out in morn and rest sleeping so he can be more the alpha and ding away. Some days not here so do 2 cubes in evening instead. CBB is just as stunning as I thought it would be!

Sticking to POA, just husbandry and hopefully nutrients disappear in next few weeks and celebrate by adding the gramma in. I may of just did the pre-order for the HANNA nitrates HR lol.

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why I stopped receiving notifs for this build, but it is coming along wonderfully! That's really cool how you have tracked nitrates to a "happy medium range" that you can now shoot for! I have always noticed that my leathers look the best when my sps look the worst lol. I haven't had much luck keeping 20g consistently in that "happy medium" lol

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why I stopped receiving notifs for this build, but it is coming along wonderfully! That's really cool how you have tracked nitrates to a "happy medium range" that you can now shoot for! I have always noticed that my leathers look the best when my sps look the worst lol. I haven't had much luck keeping 20g consistently in that "happy medium" lol
Thanks glad to have you back! Missed you lol. Yeah all thanks to the copperband (hopefully will be worth it!). Jumped from 1 cube to 4.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 15
ABE68B5E-F27E-43DD-88DD-9C2420BE3B2F.jpeg
Vacuum Day! Tank looks well better after it. Not much going on right now, just trying to get feeding right with CBB and hoping bacteria kicks in soon to out compete nutrients. CBB difficult as tangs just don’t stop and so quick but hopefully the multi feeds is doing all required. Breakfast dedicated for him, lights out and just drop few at time seems to get good few. Lunch is defroster which he picks at some do come out and go to others then dinner is all in and im still nervous so doing another in defroster. Corals getting sore touch for the beefing up of CBB. Lost stylo completely and green Monti is getting it tight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 16
Thought tank was starting to look good, cyano never came back after vacuum. Just the right amount of algae for tangs. Tested params tonight and they are finally shifting max 10 nitrates.
A4CDBEF7-BD35-42AF-BBBA-208A9EF88C9A.jpeg
CFC78941-6DDD-4C0B-AF0C-010422AD7E9E.jpeg
Tonight was fuge and top up media’s. I just swirlied my biomedia to help with nutrients and did same to chaeto, it didn’t need harvested.
CB405115-1788-433F-8DA3-77C36C85FC5A.jpeg 740A8914-BC13-402A-A21E-78A44337F392.jpeg
Adding royal gramma into tank tomorrow morning with some nori to be sure. Hopefully goes well and my tang ain’t gonna be that guy as a lot more fish to be adding. Perfect timing with nutrients finally on way down.
59434FE2-A927-4D74-9116-1193128E198C.jpeg
Added a sump brick too into chamber one. Sits beautifully between heaters and under roller. So shud be in good place to up feeding again, but will be cautious and wait to next week apart from some pellets for gramma.
Brine Shrimp

Bad news
Turned Wavemaker off yesterday to feed CBB and molly must of been dinging the algae in it and got killed. I have also ordered some snails and a fungai plate for Friday :)

Last edited:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 16
Thought tank was starting to look good, cyano never came back after vacuum. Just the right amount of algae for tangs. Tested params tonight and they are finally shifting max 10 nitrates.
A4CDBEF7-BD35-42AF-BBBA-208A9EF88C9A.jpeg
CFC78941-6DDD-4C0B-AF0C-010422AD7E9E.jpeg
Tonight was fuge and top up media’s. I just swirlied my biomedia to help with nutrients and did same to chaeto, it didn’t need harvested.
CB405115-1788-433F-8DA3-77C36C85FC5A.jpeg 740A8914-BC13-402A-A21E-78A44337F392.jpeg
Adding royal gramma into tank tomorrow morning with some nori to be sure. Hopefully goes well and my tang ain’t gonna be that guy as a lot more fish to be adding. Perfect timing with nutrients finally on way down.
59434FE2-A927-4D74-9116-1193128E198C.jpeg
Added a sump brick too into chamber one. Sits beautifully between heaters and under roller. So shud be in good place to up feeding again, but will be cautious and wait to next week apart from some pellets for gramma.
Brine Shrimp

Bad news
Turned Wavemaker off yesterday to feed CBB and molly must of been dinging the algae in it and got killed. I have also ordered some snails and a fungai plate for Friday :)

You know what this is my biggest fear that one day when I turn off the flow one of the fist will be caught when it turns back on.
Sorry to hear you lost your fish even if this was just a molly.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what this is my biggest fear that one day when I turn off the flow one of the fist will be caught when it turns back on.
Sorry to hear you lost your fish even if this was just a molly.

Yeah sad surely! Was a good molly, never stopped dinging algae. He was never gonna stay in Bumblebee reef, but thought be good sump fish to keep frags or out to QT at least.
You can get the feature that slow turns once to clear wm and then goes on slowly to ensure this doesn’t happen but currently not in my budget.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma
Added to display yesterday morning, been living it up in this nook ever since. He did come out for few pellets today too. Does b-line when the big fish come near, but early days. Have not seen him actively out swimming yet. Have learnt all those nooks are connected and he comes out one hole and in another. 3CAE196A-B56F-434D-80E9-5D68C1F27E5E.jpeg 1995763F-D3D5-4C52-A9BA-300F38673289.jpeg

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Update
Gramma turning into a right wee treat.

When the clownfish breeder sends you a video and a message
There’s a mixture of black ice, Darwin’s and misbar onyx. They’re around 3cm at the moment so still fairly small but growing fast

Picked about 4 with 2 preferred and he sent me back this

Which lead to this.

They are so tiny, they would die in big tank no question. So great investment to make me slow my roll. These will be in qt for good bit until of size to handle big tank. So plan will just get that husbandry dialed in and treat myself to coral when get there.

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 17
6D6A4789-0913-4169-8478-82B034F203A4.jpeg
Or maybe this looks better
6577D33B-35D5-4514-B82D-7576A3420B7E.jpeg
Added some cuc, pair of conch snails, pair of Trocus snails and 4 turbo snails. And of course while I was there got fungi plate and galeaxis coral. Great order. Great quality. Did do another coral order for banter with my friend took a punt and ordered together, waste of money just never ordering there again. Anyway hands out of tank till next week.

Last edited:

Murphs_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you getting on with the copperband mate? I'm thinking of getting one myself the dusky Wrasse and scopas tang have settled in well. Same tank as you like

OP
OP
mylertitchell

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you getting on with the copperband mate? I'm thinking of getting one myself the dusky Wrasse and scopas tang have settled in well. Same tank as you like
Love my CBB my dream fish since starting my first tank. Just been waiting on one already eating frozen in LFS. I would recommend that as even with eating already my food intake tripled.

Back