BUMP ON DAMSEL

jonnythekid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
197d8b150af8446d2666298be5c860c8.jpg

might be kind of hard to see but my damsel has a whitr bump on its head is it possible he bumped into something? hes active and eating

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say without a better pic; but from what I can see it just looks like a bump or scratch.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like it's getting worse. Could be Lymphocystis or possibly a bacterial infection.

I'm guessing the latter as it would be usual for a damsel to get Lympho. But check out the pics in the blue link above and let me know what you think.

OP
OP
jonnythekid

jonnythekid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like it's getting worse. Could be Lymphocystis or possibly a bacterial infection.

I'm guessing the latter as it would be usual for a damsel to get Lympho. But check out the pics in the blue link above and let me know what you think.
okay thanks yeah im starting to think its a bacterial infection. do you think its contagious or does it just depend on the type of infection?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thanks yeah im starting to think its a bacterial infection. do you think its contagious or does it just depend on the type of infection?

Depends on the type of infection (gram positive vs. gram negative), and also the health of your other fishes immune systems.

OP
OP
jonnythekid

jonnythekid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the type of infection (gram positive vs. gram negative), and also the health of your other fishes immune systems.
okay sounds good. i have him in QT any recommendations for medication? kind of new to this

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay sounds good. i have him in QT any recommendations for medication? kind of new to this

You'll want a broad spectrum antibiotic for an infection. Kanaplex and/or furan2 are good ones to start with and are usually easy to get. You can combine those two along with metroplex for a very wide spectrum if one isn't getting the job done.

OP
OP
jonnythekid

jonnythekid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want a broad spectrum antibiotic for an infection. Kanaplex and/or furan2 are good ones to start with and are usually easy to get. You can combine those two along with metroplex for a very wide spectrum if one isn't getting the job done.
what is the routine for water changes while using these?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back