Burr Fish

MattFisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my Burr fish started showing signs of ick two weeks ago .... We have had them for a few months and he seemed healthy. We've been treating it with Metroplex..... He developed a white spot on the top of his head. He's still eating we are wondering what we can do to treat it? I will attach pictures tomorrow. Has anyone had any experience with this? any advice would be appreciated.. thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
MetroWill not ich but rather internal issues
Copper power likely safest and a reliable copper test kit to maintain therapeutic levels will be a must

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my Burr fish started showing signs of ick two weeks ago .... We have had them for a few months and he seemed healthy. We've been treating it with Metroplex..... He developed a white spot on the top of his head. He's still eating we are wondering what we can do to treat it? I will attach pictures tomorrow. Has anyone had any experience with this? any advice would be appreciated.. thank you

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Metronidazole is not very good at curing ich. Coppersafe is fine to use with burrfish.

Jay

OP
OP
M

MattFisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20220519_214200_01.mp4
    40.5 MB
  • IMG_20220519_214206_01.jpg
    IMG_20220519_214206_01.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 18

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The spot on its back is either an injury or from a secondary infection due to ich. The spots on the fins clearly show as ich, but I'm surprised that none of the other fish are showing symptoms (yet). Are you seeing spots on any other fish?

You really should treat all of the fish, but if there are invertebrates in the tank, that means either moving them or the fish out.

Copper is the fastest treatment, but this case of ich is fairly advanced. You could also try hyposalinity. Here is some info about that:

Jay

p.s. - I'm travelling this weekend, so may be slow in responding, but the other fish medics can help.

Back