Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my v4 and have had amazing growth with it above my 65 gallon. I also would say the response time and response quality is top notch. I recently inquired about what the upgrade was from my v4 to be gen 2 and within a few hours on a Saturday I had a response. The response was not pressureful and the seller did not make me feel I was obligated to purchase it at any point. They kindly described the differences and told me straight up if I didn’t want the upgrades nothing major would change overall. They then even offered to do the upgrade for the new gateway and WiFi chip for less than I saw anywhere else online.

I was also skeptical as this was my first major light purchase but if I had more tanks / more room I would without a doubt purchase more.

AED12991-3B01-4FCC-9234-20613DC8D247.jpeg

9328C4E5-834A-4E8A-AC0A-1CC646A5BB94.jpeg

C67DB8ED-9D67-40CD-9B77-AA92BECE29DE.jpeg

Miles Laughton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to echo the responses above regarding Warranty issues....I have 2 of the V4 lamps which grow my corals better than any other lamp I have tried....For some reason my UV channel stop working on one lamp..I email Orphek and a response with in 5 minutes and a replacement PC card sent the very same day.
Units are just over a year old...no questions asked!
I am using Orphek again in my next build 6' x 4 ' using 5 or 6 lamps without hesitation.

Scott's-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've personally owned two Orphek Atlantik V4's now for approximately 2 years, I've dealt with customer service numerous times and it has always been super efficient with a friendly/helpful response every time which has ended up with them resolving the problem within 24hrs of my first email, they have always replaced parts free of charge and have always asked for me to keep in touch with themselves afterwards to let them know how things has worked out. I have only ever heard of great customer service reports from the UK so it's a big thumbs up from me for Orphek.

Scott's-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've personally owned two Orphek Atlantik V4's now for approximately 2 years, I've dealt with customer service numerous times and it has always been super efficient with a friendly/helpful response every time which has ended up with them resolving the problem within 24hrs of my first email, they have always replaced parts free of charge and have always asked for me to keep in touch with themselves afterwards to let them know how things has worked out. I have only ever heard of great customer service reports from the UK so it's a big thumbs up from me for Orphek.

ChumminghamsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dvbrien hey man I don’t understand the gripe here. They are a foreign company and they were just pointing out that the Black Friday deal was no longer being offered when the individual above posted about a price still being available. Also you said that you heard of people having warranty issues after a year of use but “you do t know all the facts”? I’m super confused about your post man and you just seem like you are trolling which seems to be the cool thing people are doing nowadays which is just sad to see you perpetuate that type of behavior on a forum for no reason at all.

I personally own four Atlantic v4s and I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THESE LIGHTS. I personally have never in my life felt so passionate about a company as I do with orphek. I live in Chicago Illinois and I have seen this light take over the competition in a matter of months where the biggest and heaviest hitters in our reefing community have sold their radion xr30 at ridiculously cheap prices and were still able to afford these lights with what they sold their used radions for with money left over after that to go and purchase more coral.

You stated “It would be nice if the company that charged more than anyone else would go beyond the typical obligation.” And I have to say that in regards to my customer service and my experience with this company I cannot tell you how above and beyond all the dudes at orphek have gone to make me a satisfied customer with response times on any question I may have that last no longer than ten minutes. You also say they charge more right? Well do u also realize that ONE ORPHEK ATLANTIC V4 CAN COVER THE SAME SQUARE FOOTAGE AS 2 RADION XR30 Pros?!?!? Let’s do some simple math here.

One orphek Atlantic v4 full size = 1100
Two radion xr30= 1600

It seems to me that buying one Atlantic full size saves you 500 dollars to go spend on coral or whatever you would like and you get better blending, less discoing, better spectrum and higher par with the Atlantic v4 than you do with the radion.

You will probably come back at me and say “I never mentions radion”. Fair point. However, currently there is only one company that remotely comes even close to orphek in the quality of light for all the reasons I have described above and the Atlantic makes the radion look like a laughable joke when you compare al the specs and the coverage you get from one full size Atlantic.

I have written two reviews in my entire life. One of them was for vivid aquariums in Southern California (the best shop with the best customer service and longest guarentee on livestock anywhere) and for orphek as well. AND I WILL STAND BEHIND BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES AS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS.

You know what gripe I have with Orphek @dvbrien? My coral has blasted off so much since installing these lights six months ago that I had to increase my dosage by 75 percent in the first three weeks of two part dosing and that cost me more money to feed my coral. In fact the growth in my aquarium has gotten so overwhelming I have had to upgrade to a vertex calcium reactor just to keep up with it as it started to become too much to keep replacing the two part at the rate at which my coral had blasted off in consuming it. The vertex reactor cost me 1200 and I wouldn’t recommend that reactor to anyone frankly for reasons I will not get into atm.

So yea that’s the only gripe I have with orphek. My coral has started to grow so fast that I was forced to purchase a reactor to keep up with it. However I feel like orphek might just shrug their shoulders and say “what did you think would happen after installing a piece of equipment like this?” I know what I’ll do, I’ll go sell some coral to make up for my losses and enjoy the new vibrancy and vividness of my tank and my Atlantic’s take my reef to the next level and leave everyone else in the dust.

Peace,

The chummingham

ChumminghamsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dvbrien hey man I don’t understand the gripe here. They are a foreign company and they were just pointing out that the Black Friday deal was no longer being offered when the individual above posted about a price still being available. Also you said that you heard of people having warranty issues after a year of use but “you do t know all the facts”? I’m super confused about your post man and you just seem like you are trolling which seems to be the cool thing people are doing nowadays which is just sad to see you perpetuate that type of behavior on a forum for no reason at all.

I personally own four Atlantic v4s and I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THESE LIGHTS. I personally have never in my life felt so passionate about a company as I do with orphek. I live in Chicago Illinois and I have seen this light take over the competition in a matter of months where the biggest and heaviest hitters in our reefing community have sold their radion xr30 at ridiculously cheap prices and were still able to afford these lights with what they sold their used radions for with money left over after that to go and purchase more coral.

You stated “It would be nice if the company that charged more than anyone else would go beyond the typical obligation.” And I have to say that in regards to my customer service and my experience with this company I cannot tell you how above and beyond all the dudes at orphek have gone to make me a satisfied customer with response times on any question I may have that last no longer than ten minutes. You also say they charge more right? Well do u also realize that ONE ORPHEK ATLANTIC V4 CAN COVER THE SAME SQUARE FOOTAGE AS 2 RADION XR30 Pros?!?!? Let’s do some simple math here.

One orphek Atlantic v4 full size = 1100
Two radion xr30= 1600

It seems to me that buying one Atlantic full size saves you 500 dollars to go spend on coral or whatever you would like and you get better blending, less discoing, better spectrum and higher par with the Atlantic v4 than you do with the radion.

You will probably come back at me and say “I never mentions radion”. Fair point. However, currently there is only one company that remotely comes even close to orphek in the quality of light for all the reasons I have described above and the Atlantic makes the radion look like a laughable joke when you compare al the specs and the coverage you get from one full size Atlantic.

I have written two reviews in my entire life. One of them was for vivid aquariums in Southern California (the best shop with the best customer service and longest guarentee on livestock anywhere) and for orphek as well. AND I WILL STAND BEHIND BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES AS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS.

You know what gripe I have with Orphek @dvbrien? My coral has blasted off so much since installing these lights six months ago that I had to increase my dosage by 75 percent in the first three weeks of two part dosing and that cost me more money to feed my coral. In fact the growth in my aquarium has gotten so overwhelming I have had to upgrade to a vertex calcium reactor just to keep up with it as it started to become too much to keep replacing the two part at the rate at which my coral had blasted off in consuming it. The vertex reactor cost me 1200 and I wouldn’t recommend that reactor to anyone frankly for reasons I will not get into atm.

So yea that’s the only gripe I have with orphek. My coral has started to grow so fast that I was forced to purchase a reactor to keep up with it. However I feel like orphek might just shrug their shoulders and say “what did you think would happen after installing a piece of equipment like this?” I know what I’ll do, I’ll go sell some coral to make up for my losses and enjoy the new vibrancy and vividness of my tank as my Atlantic’s take my reef to the next level while leaving haters like you in the dust.

Peace,

The chummingham

Kostas85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an owner of a v2compact upgraded to v4. This light is awesome.Perfect spectrum, satisfying par all over the aquarium and most of all corals are more colorful than ever with such great growth.
I am moving to a new aquarium 450liters main and I bought one v4 to stand by the v4 compact. I cant wait to see my corals taking the max of these lights.
Here some photos of my corals growth in a period of 4-5 months.

1545867394545.jpg

1545913401775.jpg

1545913794223.jpg

1545867146517.jpg

1545913571742.jpg

1545913660787.jpg

1548354746025.jpg

1546267565763.jpg

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice colors and growth.. Can you share you program?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool photo with Atlantik GEN2
this reef is from store in Argentina.
A5B8CD87-D9F2-4BE4-BCAF-2F2ABBB7576A.png

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAD5A0A9-5952-44DF-81DB-BD205F22BA63.jpeg
1000620B-315B-41CA-BAA6-EA60EF313A52.jpeg
90394D8E-8B1E-4208-97A1-680913729E0B.jpeg
72557CE0-2545-48D3-8E7A-AC81C6DA3907.jpeg
2DB6090B-D58D-4252-A9D2-346F6BB12598.jpeg
The photos above are from store in Germany
3 Atlantik compact

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This photo of Atlantik V4 from store in Hong Kong .
5B227919-6967-4405-9C86-9A9A6D24FD63.jpeg
64C447C6-B7FB-423F-AB4E-09ADE33DD54B.jpeg
7D3B8EB1-6695-498D-BFB8-72254EFDB323.jpeg
1CA4D8A5-353A-4F82-BF85-373E4462C2CB.jpeg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will one of these lights cover a 36x36x27 150g DD tank?
Yes but better to add extra OR90 for better cover so you not need to go with 2 units and it will save you lots of money , it should look like this
FEDFBA69-A321-419D-92B2-9E5E702515A4.png

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, interesting program you running , CH2 specifically .
Seems like corals like it :))

Good luck !

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back