Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From one of our clients:

The Atlantik v4 has arrived. Thank you. I have a few other items to finish first but will soon get set up over my tank and produce a review.

I have also set up a Frag tank, which is cycling now, and have installed the OR bars to this.

Please see attached image. They look really good. A bit long for the 90cm tank but looking forward to seeing how they perform once I start stocking with coral.

489E3AC3-88C1-45DC-9ED7-2AFA64F6DAF9.jpeg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , he not get from us but we are also working on this brackets

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sawdonkey -- I'd definitely consider the 120* optics as it'll be a wide blanket of light.

So we reduced littel the watt and change the driver for wider range .
To reduce problems.

Someone was showing the OR 160 fixture giving 70 watts out of it's potential 108 watts. that's a little more than a 37% decrease. As much as I like this bar, that's VERY bad. Nobody wants a weak bar @Orphek and hearing that you just made them weaker is very, very bad.

I originally wanted this fixture as each bar was roughly as strong as 2 T5 of the same size, now were finding out it's barely stronger than one. This needs to be fixed, as far as most of us are concerned, this fixture is broken. The OR 160 giving only 70 watts of power means it needs to be fixed. This also means the OR 60 is giving only 35 watts.

And you say you made the power supply even weaker? We don't want less watts, we want MORE watts.

As much as I like this product, I'm extremely disappointed. The wattage the OR60 puts out is LESS than an AI PrimeHD. That means to get the kind of coverage and par I would want for my SPS tank I would need 5-6 OR 60's.

I'm currently running a single XR30 G4 at 100% intensity and 16k spectrum, that's giving me 134 watts and it's not enough for a small tank. I would need to add 4 OR 60's to be equal to the XR30, when originally it was described as 55 watts, meaning I would need roughly 2.

This product is not as described originally, and this needs to be fixed. You need to increase wattage by the +40% promised.

The only thing that makes this product any good is the spectrums offered -- That is not enough. That is not what was promised, It is not as described. The vast majority of us want more par, and more wattage. Not less. Especially the SPS people.

I'm extremely disappointed that you have misrepresented your product, and even more disappointed that as you said a few posts back, you have just made it worse.

You should be giving everybody who purchased your bar a partial refund. This is not acceptable. We absolutely need to know important things like how much power is being given in wattage, and PAR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Raki
First read this review
https://orphek.com/product-review-or120-reef-daylight-blue-sky/

Second you can order if you do not like it you can ship us To local USA place and we will refound your money . Orphek never reduce the output of the light ! The par the lux all the same you get the same modul with low watt . Watt is just a number the PAR is the same . Now we are doing the best for our clients to get the best produact . You can get the light and if you fill it not good return it . And you get your money back . 100% of our clients are happy with the OR bar !

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree with that review. I run higher watts than that and it's only increased growth and color. If that tank were mine I'd be running 3 Radion XR30's, not two. I feel you need one radion per 2x1' section. Meaning on 2 on a 24" tank, 3 on a 36" tank, 4 on a 48" tank, etc etc.

The problem is just the change in what was originally described, and what was delivered. And when you said this;

"So we reduced littel the watt and change the driver for wider range .
To reduce problems."

You should notice by the increase in people asking you for a firm answer on wattage, that this is not a welcome change, and that your originally stated wattage was false.

That is very worrisome. Especially as were not sure if the first ones were normal or lowered, or if only the newest ones were lowered.

To get the type of PAR I need, I would have to buy twice as many fixtures as I wanted to buy. That's not what I'm looking for, I was hoping each bar was (as originally advertised) about twice the power of a T5 bulb the same size.

I believe you guys should be trying to get a little more power out of these. If these were labelled correctly from the beginning, you wouldn't have had as many people interested in the product. You removed your wattage ratings because it was false. It was in your original post, and on the site. You would not have removed that information unless you realized it would be held against you.

It is now being held against you.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We set the power not by the watt but the MAX heat the LEDs can work for long time .
If the LEDs get too much hot we reduce if it less hot we incris the power . We take out the maximum. Many company use power supply with Power factor 0.5 Orphek allways used Menwell but for the bar the Menwell not fit so we look the best alternative. The OR is based of the Atlantik spectrum so I recommend to watch this video ,
This will give some more understanding.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video has nothing to do with what i'm saying at all. I understand perfectly, but you seem to not understand what I'm saying. You said your product was originally X amount of watts, you then removed that information, and are now saying is Y amount of watts.

That is false advertisement. That makes me upset, because it's pretty much lying. That makes people in this thread upset, which is why they're asking you to clarify the truth about your wattage. That makes those who I know that purchased your bar upset, because that was not what they purchased. That makes people I know who wanted to buy your bar change their mind.

That's all I care about, no more, no less. You said it was one thing, then you said it was another. That's not good business. And I don't care if your other clients can run less bars than I would and be happy. That has nothing to do with me, or how I run my tank, or the level of light I'm looking for.

You should update your product description with accurate information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day we change the driver we took out the watt from the page and took out all banners in all forums .
Many clients and store complain that need defrent driver for different spectrum so we listen to our clients and change the drivers .
The performance of the lights not change !

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie, what is the watt draw for a 195w XR30 Pro? And, the 95w XR15 Pro?
Has anyone put a Killawat on a bar? We have one report from an Apex.
Orphek, what do you show as the draw?

I need to get our club meter but so far I love these bars. I'd say my 48" with 90 degree lenses easily covers 18" x 55". I've added two so far and reduced my main fixture output during peak by over 20% and seeing nice improvements. I'm not even up to full time period on the second bar yet. IMO these are a screaming deal for $160 delivered.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie, what is the watt draw for a 195w XR30 Pro? And, the 95w XR15 Pro?
Has anyone put a Killawat on a bar? We have one report from an Apex.
Orphek, what do you show as the draw?

I need to get our club meter but so far I love these bars. I'd say my 48" with 90 degree lenses easily covers 18" x 55". I've added two so far and reduced my main fixture output during peak by over 20% and seeing nice improvements. I'm not even up to full time period on the second bar yet. IMO these are a screaming deal for $160 delivered.

Texas Todd
Very soon we will update to new version name so we also will share all new electric information.
We will announce about in public .

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Raki
First read this review
https://orphek.com/product-review-or120-reef-daylight-blue-sky/

Second you can order if you do not like it you can ship us To local USA place and we will refound your money . Orphek never reduce the output of the light ! The par the lux all the same you get the same modul with low watt . Watt is just a number the PAR is the same . Now we are doing the best for our clients to get the best produact . You can get the light and if you fill it not good return it . And you get your money back . 100% of our clients are happy with the OR bar !

That’s not what I was told by James. I asked if I could return the Reef daylight in exchange for a different bar because it is too pink. I was denied a replacement. I was offered something else in exchange, but I’m still left with trying to sell an extra bar that I don’t want.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Till then nice picture that we got from one of our client
That’s not what I was told by James. I asked if I could return the Reef daylight in exchange for a different bar because it is too pink. I was denied a replacement. I was offered something else in exchange, but I’m still left with trying to sell an extra bar that I don’t want.

I will tell James to exchange you not worry about just email him again now ,
ship him back the OR reef day and get other unit .

Reef Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't know why people are getting worked up over the watts .... you can not compare 70w of T5 to 70w of LEDs -- T5s 'waste' a lot more energy in terms of heat than the LED's do.

Also, as whomever at Orphek (I'm assuming Ofir?) mentioned, watts don't necessarily translate into PAR/PUR. The only true comparison can be if you compare PUR, because the PAR readers still, to date, have issues measuring 100% accurate PAR for blue/deep blue/violet LEDs.

I have these lights on our tanks, and personally I love them -- I have used them side by side a leading competitor brand that charges 2x as much for their led bars, and I like these better.

So instead of getting worked up over 70W (which as pointed out, might not be very accurate as it's coming from Apex, not from Kill-a-watt or similar tool) vs 108W, I think if you genuinely want to try the lamp, try it. Especially if Orphek is letting you return it for refund, what do you have to lose?

Also want to point out -- this was for OR 120 -- I didn't know OR 160 even existed ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our client here in the forum sent us this photos
Wow corals look very fluorescent.

A819B0B0-77A3-4F1F-AB03-77D9BF9B7C07.jpeg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48inch aquarium with Atlantik V4 and OR 120 blue sky bar LED
EC6B78E7-0A88-4579-9EC8-58B12BCD1EB6.jpeg
35812061-43C9-41AC-87DB-63AD8A499B0F.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back