Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jase4224 any link to the privacy stuff you're talking about? Amazon, HomeDepot, Lowes? Sounds great! I might get some and run tests with PAR meter.
Thanks,
Todd
Found this on Amazon. I was thinking of using it for a led light over a frag area in my sump to help diffuse the light. My only hold back was that it blocks uv and didn't necessarily want that. Still might try it since it's so cheap.

RABBITGOO Privacy Window Film Matte White Window Film Frosted Window Film Static Cling Glass Film Non Adhesive Window Film for Home Bathroom Office Meeting Room Living Room 17.7" x 78.7" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTA00AX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nENdCbAH491KH

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TexasTodd I purchased mine in store from Bunnings which I don’t think is in the US. However..

Gaitorbait01 yep that’s the stuff basically would be that same. I think you will find that it only blocks harmful UV rays not necessarily the ‘purple ‘ and ‘violet ‘ of ourLEDs so definitely worth trying.

Par readings would be great!

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the placement of LEDs on those strips I honestly don’t see how you get those colours on the wall. Because the outside edges are blue in your pic yet the Orphek site shows white LEDs on the far sides.
You might be looking at the other two models. I have the 120. The last three diodes are 430, 490 and 6300k. Both ends have the same three diodes. The other two models have the two white diodes at the ends.
orphic 120.jpeg

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard so many good things about Orphek's lights and have seen so many photos of nice looking tanks that I was excited about buying from them. I contacted the company and after several emails, I purchased exactly what the company recommended for my tank.

My lights just don't preform as expected. (The opposite of what was promised.) The company tells me that the lights look great and has refused to acknowledge an issue. They have also refused to respond to my emails. Here is what the light looks like shining on a white wall from 3 feet away. Would you be happy with this?
color pattern.jpeg

My PAR readings fluctuate by more than 3x along the length of this 4 foot light. Look at the color blend and tell me if you agree with Orphek about how good they look.
I too am a little disappointed ...I have the OR120 daylight bars...the colors don't blend unless you hang it high above the tank...if NOT you see all the individual colors in the tank...NOT GOOD .

Dual40IM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am a little disappointed ...I have the OR120 daylight bars...the colors don't blend unless you hang it high above the tank...if NOT you see all the individual colors in the tank...NOT GOOD .
I agree, I have the OR60 Reef Daylight with 120 degree lenses and the blending is terrible. I also have the Sky Blue and the UV bars and they are great. I do not agree with previous responses to hang the higher. I should not have to mount a light 3 feet above my tank to get the colors to blend. Just my opinion. The lights are very well made, just need to work on the blending with the fresh water and reef daylight.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are completely different colour LEDs lined up next to each other realistically going to blend.. I don’t think it should be claimed or expected. LEDs are single point light sources so unless clustered extremely close like kessil does there will always be separation of colours.

When I purchase my OR’s I will custom my daylight bars using the 1200k, 6300k and 490nm cyan for minimal visible colour separation. Red is not needed by coral so won’t use those. The reds are probably the worst offenders for obvious spot lighting in my experience.

I will have separate bars for 410nm, 430nm, 460nm and 490nm with variable amounts of each depending on positioning and timing.

I think that’s where Orphek’s advantage lies: customisable quality.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek , Just got my tank filled and running, and I am a ways from purchasing any corals, but I like to get as much information as possible before I make any purchases. I stumbled upon a unique, used custom aquarium as pictured below. As you can see, the sides are covered with glass that I can't remove, and they are part of the bracing for the tank. The only "open" part of this tank is the middle which I have a mesh lid for. I also have a used aquaticlife 48 inch T5 fixture with the following bulbs: aquaticlife HO purple 54w, aquaticlife HO 10K 54w, and two aquaticlife HO 420/460 54w. Initially I thought this arrangement would support SPS corals and Rock Flowers, and help me get the pop and fluoresce that I wanted, but now I am not so sure. I'm looking to foster good coral growth, get the look I want for my corals, while also making sure the fish look stunning as well. it's just short of 20 inches from the top of the tank, to the substrate. What would you advise I purchase as an addition to my existing light fixture?

20180721_130106.jpg

20181005_104410.jpg

20181215_173612.jpg

20181217_130013.jpg

prhoades2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions, how much longer on the OR150 bar?
and what LED is in the Azure flashlight?

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like 3 of the bars. The reef daylight I really don’t like. Color separation and too pink. This is my AIO Crystal Dynamic frag tank.

7b8de9914061ab82a3e381419ce2785d.jpg

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating replacing my two T5's (Actinic / Blue Plus) that run along side Kessil with a pair with this layout.

Untitled-1.jpg
I am a huge fan of LED's but my experience with these lights and follow up support has not been the best. You might want to read back through the thread and check some of the photos while you are debating.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge fan of LED's but my experience with these lights and follow up support has not been the best. You might want to read back through the thread and check some of the photos while you are debating.

I’ve had an opposite experience. I love mine and they add a huge pop of light for a decent price.

Back