Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our clients send us this pictures how he Mount the Atlantik with orphek mount bar and add an extra 2 OR bar .
81CF5419-5E56-499F-84ED-9C268F10DA4C.png
E2670D25-6BB0-4382-913D-ACFFEFCF364E.png
If that aluminium was thicker flat bar and sprayed black it would look factory. Especially if the corners were rounded off.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that aluminium was thicker flat bar and sprayed black it would look factory. Especially if the corners were rounded off.
Yes after the holiday we will make more option to mount the OR bar .

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek I have a 48x24x16"H (all measurements inches) frag tank. How many OR120 bars would I need if I do all Acropora edge to edge?

That’s very very similar to my frag tank dimensions. I run 4 bars. 1 UV, 1 Sky Blue, 1 Reef Daylight, and 1 Custom. If I had to do it all over again, I would run 3 of my custom bars that are blue/UV and a custom one that has whites. I really don’t like the red and orange in the reef daylight. It causes a ton disco effect.

I run 12 hours of the blues and 6 of the whites. Acros happily grow. I think I’m at 200 par at the bottom.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s very very similar to my frag tank dimensions. I run 4 bars. 1 UV, 1 Sky Blue, 1 Reef Daylight, and 1 Custom. If I had to do it all over again, I would run 3 of my custom bars that are blue/UV and a custom one that has whites. I really don’t like the red and orange in the reef daylight. It causes a ton disco effect.

I run 12 hours of the blues and 6 of the whites. Acros happily grow. I think I’m at 200 par at the bottom.
Nice! thank you for the reply. How do you have them mounted?

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of the length of a OR90 bar please including the power cable part that stick out at one end. It says on the Orphek website that the unit is 900mm long, but does this include the power cable part ? I want to mount 3 OR90 bars in the center of my Aquatic life T5HO fixture that has 895mm from end to end ?? Anyone please help ???

Many thanks

Lee

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of the length of a OR90 bar please including the power cable part that stick out at one end. It says on the Orphek website that the unit is 900mm long, but does this include the power cable part ? I want to mount 3 OR90 bars in the center of my Aquatic life T5HO fixture that has 895mm from end to end ?? Anyone please help ???

Many thanks

Lee

The bar itself is about 35 1/4 inches. With the nut and the wire coming out of it in one end, you’ll need at least 36”. (I just measured mine).

If you’re up for it, you might be able to unscrew the nut that the wire travels through, drill your fixture, and put the nut on the outside of the fixture. It still might be a little a little tight since 895 mm is about 35.2 inches. In this case, you could likely remove the end caps on the Orphek bars, drill, and put those on the outside of your fixture too?

Last edited:

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bar itself is about 35 1/4 inches. With the nut and the wire coming out of it in one end, you’ll need at least 36”. (I just measured mine).

If you’re up for it, you might be able to unscrew the nut that the wire travels through, drill your fixture, and put the nut on the outside of the fixture. It still might be a little a little tight since 895 mm is about 35.2 inches. In this case, you could likely remove the end caps on the Orphek bars, drill, and put those on the outside of your fixture too?

Many Thanks for this, I may purchase some acrylic and use that as a extension of the aquatic life endplates to extend the endplates out 3mm either end or 6mm at the end where the power cord is located. This should then give me the 36 inches. I'm guessing the Orphek Rep is on Holiday now until Late Febuary ?? Heard there was a GEN2 OR Bar imminent ???

Lee

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many Thanks for this, I may purchase some acrylic and use that as a extension of the aquatic life endplates to extend the endplates out 3mm either end or 6mm at the end where the power cord is located. This should then give me the 36 inches. I'm guessing the Orphek Rep is on Holiday now until Late Febuary ?? Heard there was a GEN2 OR Bar imminent ???

Lee
Gen2 where did you hear that? I hope they make the or150!! I also hope the price doesn’t jump too much

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard it from Orphek themselves due to be released some time in March. Didn't give any more details just that the GEN2 is coming out in March.

Cheers
My guess is the Gen 2s will be the same but with a dimming driver. I'm guess the rest of the light will be same. Kind of like what they did with the V4 Gen 2. I know you'll be able to upgrade the current stock to Gen 2 as well.

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is the Gen 2s will be the same but with a dimming driver. I'm guess the rest of the light will be same. Kind of like what they did with the V4 Gen 2. I know you'll be able to upgrade the current stock to Gen 2 as well.

This is my guess :
Dimming Drivers
Phone App control
New spectrums
OR150 added to sizes

Lee

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The phone app control is going to part of the new drivers for sure. New spectrum is a maybe but the rest will happen.

Will make the price of the Bars a lot more expensive I'm guessing then ?? current OR90 is $140 which is £106 !! How much more are the GEN2's going to cost I wonder ?

Lee

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of these for sale in the drygoods forum 1 daylight 1 uv/violet if anyone is interested...or120's

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back