Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your light bars seem wonderful. But will saltwater aquarium ever stock the 24" blue bar again?
Yes at the production we had 1.5month off .

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OR150's look like they have been selling for about a month over in the UK. When I first saw them they were going out of stock real quick. Looks like they may have gotten a second shipment because the UK shops have them in stock now.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my Atlantik V4.
I placed one Atlantik V4 on my display for testing purposes to see if there was a color difference in corals under the Atlantik V4 and how it operated. I have had the light in place for about 6 months I believe beside 4 of my mitras. I can vouch to say that the Orphek light enhanced the color of allot of the corals underneath it and the pop and flourscents is amazing..especially on fish. Huge difference. There is allot of blue/purple produced by the fixture.

That being said in the last couple months I noticed that the corals didn't pop as much under the Atlantik V4 and I just thought I was getting used to the light. Well that was not the case as I found out later. I have been waiting for months and months on end for the OR150's to complete my build and convert my display over to all Orphek lighting....but after allot of empty promises of "two weeks" its been months and months.

So I decided to start my all Orphek build and put t5 suppliments on the sides instead of waiting another 5 months on the OR150's. I completed my main line up with2 Atlantik V4s and 1 compact V4. This is when I noticed when programming the lights that the 6month old Atlantik V4 had led's not working in the 3rd and 4th Quad. This light is not that old and already burned out led's.

This is very discouraging. I have worked with support and they are on top of it. But this is going to be a pain in the $&& to get this heavy fixture unhung and fixed and now I'm worried that the other 2 I have may be seeing the same issue in short time. I think I'm now going to have to start doing a light test say every 6 weeks to see if the Led's are still firing. This is a hard price to pay to get some extra pop, but I will see how it goes.

I have the main strip hung up now of course because there was no turning back since I had already removed other lighting and prepped ceiling for new lights etc. The tank looks amazing except on each side where i dont have lights in front and back of aquarium. (Missing the or150's or t5's at this point). The 3 lights have very little spread, and with about 9inches off the tank are perfect to not spread light in the room. This is the first time I do not have light spilling over in the room. This is refreshing and really makes the tank stand out. I'm hoping I get more dependability out the lights going forward but we shall see.

When I saw that the UK has the lights. I"m debating on just ordering from them now and call it a day. No more waiting and can try out my original thoughts for all Atlantik build.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OR150's look like they have been selling for about a month over in the UK. When I first saw them they were going out of stock real quick. Looks like they may have gotten a second shipment because the UK shops have them in stock now.
Hi , OR150 not come out yet . You probably saw the OR120 .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing colors with the Orphek Or2 bar and Orphek amazons 80

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , OR150 not come out yet . You probably saw the OR120 .
No he probably didn't. See below. They have them in stock. I also have been waiting for the OR2-150 for months and months for US release. I thought I saw it once on a web alert I have set but it was only prep by the website. I saw it in UK but wanted to wait for the US model and the DIMMERS.

ORPHEK seriously your Atlantic V4Gen2 was lightyears ahead of the other companies. Yall are loosing ground in the USA. Ramp up your advertisment.
Ps I Love my qty:4 V4Gen2

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he probably didn't. See below. They have them in stock. I also have been waiting for the OR2-150 for months and months for US release. I thought I saw it once on a web alert I have set but it was only prep by the website. I saw it in UK but wanted to wait for the US model and the DIMMERS.

ORPHEK seriously your Atlantic V4Gen2 was lightyears ahead of the other companies. Yall are loosing ground in the USA. Ramp up your advertisment.
Ps I Love my qty:4 V4Gen2
Thanks for let us know . But no one in uk or any place have them .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool photos of Orphek OR2 blue plus + ATI
12E03482-B40F-40E5-9416-54CCCAD28627.jpeg
03ED8DE3-9191-49A0-B69F-64E5C510B6E3.jpeg

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the reef day to go along with my Radions. Waiting for the dimmer. How long until that is released?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not dimmable. The external driver might possibly be swapped with an aftermarket dimmable driver, but they come from Orphek with a constant current driver.
Really? I was told that there was going to be a dimmer released in a month.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If only they would get with the program and make larger then 48 inch bars
or150 AT 60" WAS DUE 1000 MONTHS AGO. They claim beginning of April.
Not holding my breath as I may suffocate

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it come to development, we can predicted the end time . What we develop is not just a simple dim system it is a very advanced Bluetooth system so it can control 50 units from one cellphone without extra router . The app all built from scratch. One of thing that delay the proses is to apply moon cycle . As we need to cut the power by 1000 . 0-1000% ! Not just from 0-100%
So it will provide low power moon light .

For the OR150 it took long time to find a stable power supply.

And the we moved to dual chip 5w . So it dealy all .
Beside every product we write patent so we can not sale before .

For the OR2 120/90/60 we got the patent :) !

So we doing the best to provide the best product and it take times .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When it come to development, we can predicted the end time . What we develop is not just a simple dim system it is a very advanced Bluetooth system so it can control 50 units from one cellphone without extra router . The app all built from scratch. One of thing that delay the proses is to apply moon cycle . As we need to cut the power by 1000 . 0-1000% ! Not just from 0-100%
So it will provide low power moon light .

For the OR150 it took long time to find a stable power supply.

And the we moved to dual chip 5w . So it dealy all .
Beside every product we write patent so we can not sale before .

For the OR2 120/90/60 we got the patent :) !

So we doing the best to provide the best product and it take times .
This clarifies a lot of the delay. Keep consumers in the loop with type of communication. Helps everyone understand development issues and reduce insults and assumptions and retain consumer confidence

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This clarifies a lot of the delay. Keep consumers in the loop with type of communication. Helps everyone understand development issues and reduce insults and assumptions and retain consumer confidence
Thanks, also all the situation stop us for almost 2 month. I for example at home already for 2 weeks. :)

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some how I not revived email about new comments :) . We still working in the 150cm we did not found the correct power supply so we decided to change the Pcb design insted . Hope soon it be ready . The azurelit is blue / cyan
Ok. Was just looking back at the power supply decission in January 2019. I should have done this before I decided to go this route. Had no idea that chatter for OR150 went back to 2018 in this thread.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back