Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little pricey I thought

yeah, they are a bit, especially when you compare to the prices on the shorter lengths. But your still getting a lot of light per $ and it’s really good looking light. But what’s my alternative? reefbrites, which are even more $$$ and look like they were made in the 90s?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
yeah, they are a bit, especially when you compare to the prices on the shorter lengths. But your still getting a lot of light per $ and it’s really good looking light. But what’s my alternative? reefbrites, which are even more $$$ and look like they were made in the 90s?
Reefbreeders, reefBrite and SB Reef if you can ever find those guys.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the tracking number for the 150cm B+ headed my way this week too. I can't wait and am hoping multiple angles will help with all the dead lower branches due to shading I'm getting with Radions.

I think you’ll be impressed. I have two of the Gen1 Orphek bars and the amount of additional light they provide is shocking. There is a huge visual difference in my tank when they are on or off. After a couple years, a diode burned out in one of them and the whole bar stopped working. I’m replacing the two strips with the one long one now, mostly to save outlets in my apex. The OR3s looks much nicer than the first gen.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sawdonkey, yeah I have purchased three of their bars in the past. They are great.
I had a partial tank failure (two center braces failed) on a Marineland 150g and picked up a used 210 with three Radions included and didn't use the OR bars on the new tank. Can't wait to get these in!

I'm actually looking to go all OR3 bars and dump the Radions but going to be careful and waiting for some Reef Day before fully switching. Adding the B+ now with the Radions.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sawdonkey, yeah I have purchased three of their bars in the past. They are great.
I had a partial tank failure (two center braces failed) on a Marineland 150g and picked up a used 210 with three Radions included and didn't use the OR bars on the new tank. Can't wait to get these in!

I'm actually looking to go all OR3 bars and dump the Radions but going to be careful and waiting for some Reef Day before fully switching. Adding the B+ now with the Radions.

I like the idea of lighting a whole tank with these. For my 210 gallon, I bet you could light the whole thing with 6 of the 48 inch bars and it would nearly melt your face off too. Not bad for $1,200. You could even simulate sun up/down by staggering the on/off times of the bars.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best LED Bar Lights for Reef Tank 2020 Review by Ryan Cunningham

Our OR3 Blue Plus LED Bar for coral pop color is already a must-have among reefers and we are very thrilled with the feedback we have been receiving in our Orphek facebook group and personal messages from clients!

So, continuing to display their aquariums and corals, in today’s post we are bringing a detail review of our OR3 LED Bars by our client Ryan Cunningham, owner and operator of Chumminghams Reef in Chicago.

Read here the review

https://orphek.com/best-led-bar-lights-for-reef-tank-2020-review/
6B055CDB-6A50-4026-85F0-668E8FF73829.jpeg

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my OR3 150cm B+ bars! Hopefully I'll have some time to mount and get some PAR numbers in the next few days.
I really like them (just plugged in to see) and like the final LED layout / spectrum a lot.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ If I am reading it right if you buy two units you get 45 off if three 90 dollars off. But I do not know which size qualifies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back