Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they are still working on it. They put a lot of resources into upgrading to the dual chip bars and getting the 150cm out. I think the dimmer is a good idea but kind of counter to the idea of using bars as an economic alternative to expensive fixtures. For now I just use two timers with two B+ on one for dawn/dusk.

I really hope the Blue Sky Super Pop will be a good competitor to the Reef Brite XHO blue. I'd rather see that with dual chips and Orpheks lenses before a dimmer.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much sir.
Luckily I am not in a rush. But some clearance from the vendor would be great. I would love to start seeing my corals pop today but if something shinier is in the works I don’t mind waiting.

Seems so.. as for your question my friend i have two blue plus or2 and 1 reefday or3.
The blue plus give a lot of pop in my opinion so you can buy those if you are in a hurry.. dont know thow whats the new spectrum of the upgraded Blue sky would be.. but imo blue plus looks cool.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems so.. as for your question my friend i have two blue plus or2 and 1 reefday or3.
The blue plus give a lot of pop in my opinion so you can buy those if you are in a hurry.. dont know thow whats the new spectrum of the upgraded Blue sky would be.. but imo blue plus looks cool.

How is your reef day plus look? I am running kessil AP700 and want to add more pops and make my tank brighter by reducing shadowing. I can’t decide if I want to go with two blue plus or one blue plus + reef day plus. Thanks!

trelopoulos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your reef day plus look? I am running kessil AP700 and want to add more pops and make my tank brighter by reducing shadowing. I can’t decide if I want to go with two blue plus or one blue plus + reef day plus. Thanks!
Yea blue plus gives pop.. reef days helps in overall coral growth they bring a lot of white.. i run them only 3hours or so. If you have another white spectrum you can go with blue plus. I have 2blue plus 1 reef day and an orbit ic pro for sunrise sunset combo

IMG_20201016_205439.jpg IMG_20201016_205402.jpg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best_reef_aquarium_led_bar_OR3_orphek-1536x1025.jpg

Last edited:

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I betting good money the blue sky will be in between blue plus and their daylight bar. Thus it will definitely pop your non fluorescent corals more then blue plus. I mean blue plus is Windex so not really a standalone bar unless you like that spectrum.

@Orphek the bigger question in my mind is whether the dimmer will be a simple analog slider or something that will be able to ramp. I'm thinking of removing my T5s and adding three more bars to the two I already have. Ramping ability would definitely make me switch. (Oh and I don't need WiFi control or Bluetooth, just a nice simple programmable device)

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told that the Blue Sky will add more pop then the B+, and, that was before they announced the possible Blue Sky Super Pop.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys keep making post but not answering any questions. What’s up with that?

I have asked the same question multiple times along with a few others.
You can at the very least address it with an update.

I am confused.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I betting good money the blue sky will be in between blue plus and their daylight bar. Thus it will definitely pop your non fluorescent corals more then blue plus. I mean blue plus is Windex so not really a standalone bar unless you like that spectrum.

@Orphek the bigger question in my mind is whether the dimmer will be a simple analog slider or something that will be able to ramp. I'm thinking of removing my T5s and adding three more bars to the two I already have. Ramping ability would definitely make me switch. (Oh and I don't need WiFi control or Bluetooth, just a nice simple programmable device)
There will be a small box that will contact btw the led bar and the power supply. It is a Bluetooth + WiFi. And you can control it by app from any place with internet connection. You can dim it to 0.1-1% for moon pass . There is aclimmation and clouds and also you can control the light by voice :) Alexa etc . It translates automatically to the language your phone use and many more . That all I can tell for now.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell us what it is?
Is it better than blue plus for coral pop?
Blue plus is mix of Uv violet and blue sky do it wide spectrum . The blue sky is new spectrum very close to the old we took out the 490nm cyan ( look too green ) . Because it around 480nm it very strong at lumen comper to the blue plus . So it will shine your tank and you will get strong pop mostly at the high nm spectrum. It defrent pop more light bright . Read at the beginning you will find an example. I recommends first to buy blue plus , clients report it help to improve colors as well very much then reef day to have full spectrum and if some corals needs something we don’t know then it there :). And there is infra red very important .Emerson effect . After you have both and you want more then add the blue sky . And if you are an expert and know what are you doing add the Uv violet . It look very dim light and not strong . But it a very powerful for corals .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back