!!!BUY WHEN YOU BUY, WHEN YOU BUY YOU'RE GONNA BUY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

diverrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my previous profession I was a video editor and was a good boy and payed the asking price for everything. Then I sold my company retired and bought a real estate company. It was a short retirement. Now I sell used homes and have somehow become a professional haggler it has transformed my life I dont pay retail for anything and if it cant haggle I move on. It’s not about the money it’s about the game.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting post I never seen before. I rarely ever bargain on anything. I despise the back and forth. Having said that I do research a lot and it is essential i feel i am paying a "fair" price, but not absolutely essential to me that I am paying the absolute lowest price possible on most items.

Cars however I try to ensure i feel i am getting the best possible deal just due to the gimmicks they do to try to make it hard(ie showing you the irrelevant invoice price and acting like they are losing money on the deal).

Coral I think is much harder to judge a "fair" price. Even among the "same" coral what you get from one vendor may be nothing like you get from another(size,health,etc). Thats why i just try to find vendors i feel offer quality coral, good service, and fair prices across the board and stick with them. For me that is much better than vendors with stupidly inflated prices, but monthly live sales where they are half off (which in many cases still leaves many of them above market price).... with some $5 corals thrown in just to get the hype up.

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will pay full price on an item that I feel is worth it without blinking. With that being said, I expect a fair price. I tend to get those super high end corals from reputable hobbyist sellers who will sell them for something reasonable rather than the vendor who is asking an arm and a leg. I've asked a few people if they could do better on price, but it's usually when I've seen someone posting it for less. Adam is a vendor who I'll never ask for a discount because he already gives you more than what you pay for. Asking for more would be taking advantage. Other vendors could learn a few things from him.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Full confession, I do love it when older write-ups of mine get resuscitated:) Wish had more time to devote to writing. This seems like another life ago, Thanks for the bump, and continued discussion.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back