!!!BUY WHEN YOU BUY, WHEN YOU BUY YOU'RE GONNA BUY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m more of sale guy if there’s a battlebox sale I’m in I’ll haggle on coral local because that’s what’s expected and people get crazy asking prices but other then that I’m a on sale or mske a deal kind of guy

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t yet ordered corals from Adam but I’m saving up for the 1000$ battlebox to start my buisness with @Battlecorals! I Am one of those buyers who like to be in the know of the whole process and if possible get a sweet deal or get a freebie added to my order! Lol but when I have my frag tank up and running and the calcium reactor tunned in @Battlecorals you will be seeing a few pms by October id say! Gotta start my frag tank with some of the best and coolest acros! But sometimes I like to just click and buy and be done! Lol only on the lazy days! lol

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find bargaining in the USA fairly rare except when maybe you buy a car. but in other country's it is common. And for online sales I think almost non existent

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find bargaining in the USA fairly rare except when maybe you buy a car. but in other country's it is common. And for online sales I think almost non existent

I think you're right about that. It's actually pretty difficult to bargain while shopping online period. Somehow frags have gotten to be one of the few exceptions lol. Kind of makes sense though when someone wants to put a pack together or something along those lines. More like a little "bulk discount" in some ways.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't stand haggling. On dry goods I just hit the sites and find the one that is least expensive. With Map and price matching most of the time I have my pick of vendors, so I pick the one that supports my local forum the most! I have trusted Adam with my first online coral purchase. I didn't ask for any break, and wouldn't. I would rather pay the asking price and get great stuff instead of getting something marginal for a couple bucks less

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're right about that. It's actually pretty difficult to bargain while shopping online period. Somehow frags have gotten to be one of the few exceptions lol. Kind of makes sense though when someone wants to put a pack together or something along those lines. More like a little "bulk discount" in some ways.

Hey Adam, your Battleboxes never cease to amaze me! I feel like I've gotten the absolute best deals out of your grab bag Battleboxes!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Obviously, I was kidding. I've been very happy with the prices and merchandise I have bought.

Oh I know. lol and always a pleasure on my end as well:)

Last edited:

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I draw the line at business vs hobbyist. If someone is operating as a business, they have overhead and I respect that, so I pay the asking price. This is especially true for dry goods, since their margins aren't great to begin with on most of them. I'll go out of my way to use every promo code and offer in the book, but I respect their prices.

When dealing with another hobbyist, it completely depends on the situation. Generally speaking, I pay asking price on single piece livestock purchases, but if I'm buying 6 high end frags from a hobbyist, we generally work something out for taking more off their hands in a single transaction, since it's easier for them. It's not something I'd ever really push for, but it just kinda works out that way. With preowned equipment, this is the space I think most people (myself included) typically haggle the most. My personal rule is that if something is already a fair price or obviously priced for a quick sale, I pay their asking price. In some cases, hobbyists will intentionally price their items high with the intention of negotiating down, so being able to identify these types of situations is important. For example, if someone is listing a preowned lighting unit that costs $300 new for $290, they're generally hoping someone impulsively over-pays, but are also leaving themselves room to negotiate and expecting to take lower.

mjforbes33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is 100% situational. if I am buying dry good from a big box store, I don’t see much of a point to negotiate to be honest. Mainly due to the fact that (unfortunately) you will likely be communicating with someone that may not have much passion in satisfying the customers. and even if they do, they might not be able to do anything for you due to corporate policy or any other number of factors. To me, its just not worth the time.

For a smaller company/mom n pop shop/ local operation; I love the opportunity to have some form of communication and establish that relationship. Not just so that I ensure I am happier with my order. I think there’s also a satisfaction in knowing who you are supporting. A sort of “putting the face to the name” of who your money is feeding. If the owner of a company is an butt#@!& I would be very unlikely to shop with that person again. Conversely, someone that goes the extra mile for me oftentimes wins a lifelong customer.

This gets multiplied based on one’s experience with the good/service at hand. I am brand new to the reef hobby. In a few months I will be shopping for corals (and likely shopping with Battlecorals). I feel like it would be critical to let you know I have very little experience so my order could be tailored to that special need. I don’t think it would be fair you myself as the buyer to get a challenging coral to keep because I was afraid of reaching out. Nor would it be fair you as the seller to send me a beautiful coral that melts in the corner of my tank because I failed to tell you I am a beginner and not someone with 25 years’ experience. And it would obviously be unfair to the coral. And lastly, dry goods vs. livestock… I can’t return a fish that died due to my own oversight and negligence as a result of my own misunderstanding. If I buy the wrong lighting I can always return it or at the very least resell it.

For prices, the price is the price in my opinion. I highly doubt those behind the scenes at Battlecorals are just arbitrarily throwing darts at a wall to pick random prices. That $200 coral is $200 for a reason. If it could be sold cheaper I feel I need to trust that the price would be adjusted. Ultimately the buyer holds all the power. If they don’t feel they get the value worth of what they paid, they can go elsewhere.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find BC's style to be refreshing, against the norm, and exactly why they will get my $ in the future, when it is time to add sps. So many routes I could go to in Central FL, locals, shops, etc. The idea of a Battlebox intrigues me, and as an anonymous online buyer, it is exactly what I am looking for, here is the price, here is what you get. I am not driven by names with sps, mainly by contrasts, having a variety of color, shapes, and growth patterns. This to me is zen :) Cheers!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find BC's style to be refreshing, against the norm, and exactly why they will get my $ in the future, when it is time to add sps. So many routes I could go to in Central FL, locals, shops, etc. The idea of a Battlebox intrigues me, and as an anonymous online buyer, it is exactly what I am looking for, here is the price, here is what you get. I am not driven by names with sps, mainly by contrasts, having a variety of color, shapes, and growth patterns. This to me is zen :) Cheers!

Much appreciated!:) thank you

Back