!!!BUY WHEN YOU BUY, WHEN YOU BUY YOU'RE GONNA BUY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have haggled on a purchase in the past, it has been with a big company because I know that IF they go down on the price its really not going to hurt them in the wallet. That being said, with small businesses I WILL NOT HAGGLE. they are trying to grow their company and their pricing is set to make profit (and sometimes is a very small profit but it will gain returning customers). I will go to my LFS to buy stuff that I can get on BRS. and if they don't have it, I will have them order it from BRS. keeping everyone fed.
So just know Adam, when I place my order, I will not haggle you! I'll just buy your coral and let it grow in the tank while you can grow your business a little more!

Now if I go to Chevrolet to buy a new truck, then there will be haggling! haha If I can knock $10k off a $80k truck, then so be it!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally do not bargain. I look at the goods and the price and the quality. If I think the price is fair and something I want, I will buy it. Otherwise, I will look for another vender who meets my targets.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If im buying from a store im expecting to pay the price set. If im buy through r2r im for sure haggling. This place is one big garage sale and thats what you do at garage sales. Thats why i dont understand why the moment you make a comment about a high price you get chasized. Its ridiculous.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GG Allin! Now that‘a bringing me back to my days of the NY & CT punk scene of the late 80’s. Had such a good time, and saw so many good bands.

I will be shocked about two things....

1. If the thread title is NOT in reference to GG

2. If someone ELSE on this entire forum since the threads start date has figured that out

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be shocked about two things....

1. If the thread title is NOT in reference to GG

2. If someone ELSE on this entire forum since the threads start date has figured that out

Post #19 :)

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also don’t like to haggle with people over a few dollars. What I do is seriously look at several different vendors to see what is offered. Right now I am shopping for a reasonably large purchase of corals for mid March I look at price, quality, quantity of selection and if the frags I am going to buy have started to encrust showing that they are happy and healthy. I have narrowed it down to 2 vendors @Battlecorals being one of them.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also don’t like to haggle with people over a few dollars. What I do is seriously look at several different vendors to see what is offered. Right now I am shopping for a reasonably large purchase of corals for mid March I look at price, quality, quantity of selection and if the frags I am going to buy have started to encrust showing that they are happy and healthy. I have narrowed it down to 2 vendors @Battlecorals being one of them.

Cool! I'm here if you have any questions or concerns at all. Thanks for the post

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it's a Walmart or something like that i will always inquire about discounting some of the price. Not at all with any online retailers though. Now when it comes to buying corals in a shop I most certainly will haggle. I have watched guys legit make up numbers for the cost of frags on the spot. That doesn't leave me feeling I can't negotiate that. I also parlay one purchase into 3 or so if I can have all of it for x amount of dollars. That's what I think works for buyers and sellers best. I do love to engage in any person and enjoy a relationship built on those types of back and forth.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is definitely a huge factor and when it comes down to it coral is a luxury for something I’m only buying when all my other commitments have been made so really I don’t get to buy a sps pack for hundreds that often when I do place order with a vendor or even another hobbiest 1/2 the fun of it is the texts back and forth and then agreeing on a deal!!
a freebie or 2 goes a long way
I’ve ordered from Adam in the past and always enjoyed the shopping exp and the corals
cool thread BC always had great customer service!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Price is definitely a huge factor and when it comes down to it coral is a luxury for something I’m only buying when all my other commitments have been made so really I don’t get to buy a sps pack for hundreds that often when I do place order with a vendor or even another hobbyist 1/2 the fun of it is the texts back and forth and then agreeing on a deal!!
a freebie or 2 goes a long way
I’ve ordered from Adam in the past and always enjoyed the shopping exp and the corals
cool thread BC always had great customer service!!

Hey Thanks Matt! Hope all is well. I really appreciate that. very cool of you.

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a vendor referencing GG Allin? Sold! Can’t wait til the husband gives the green light got my next online order

And GG’s country album is my fave.... and now I have F*Authority stuck in my head lol

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking for myself I used to buy from all sorts of vendors online. Some good some not. While I haven't bought anything from BC that can change. I would perfer to have some sort of relationship with who I buy from. I have some locals that I buy from and have relationships with those people.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think barging started going away when car dealer started the "one price" dealerships years ago. That's why there can be so many sucessful online dealerships. No haggle.
It seems like other merchants slowly followed suit. And like everything else that happens. People adapt.

mr. lovestrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know so what you mean. I am an Auto tech and I specialize in an expensive german sports car brand. You would not believe how many people want to work me for a few shekels off for their sports car.

when did going to a small business become a game of "lets make a deal"?

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a moment, you can bargain! That’s a thing? I’ve only ever bargained at yard sales when people were asking retail or more for their 12 year old used junk that I’m only interested in because I want to use it for parts in a weird DIY project. I don’t even go to thrift stores anymore because the prices are catching up to retail.

jwells77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E0FA04A1-1623-452B-8A7B-34992AF237EE.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back