Buying a used DSLR, what lenses are useful? Software?

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setup do you guys use when you make the videos? The tank colors always look good and the video is smooth.

Do you change the lighting for videos and pictures?

We use a canon 5d mark IV and the better line of their macro lenses. the 100mm lens is the most common but I think we use a 180 too Most of the time we adjust the lighting on the tanks prior rather than try and fix it in post. The camera sensors just don't do well with the blue light on full tank shots.

With the world wide shots which are overtly blue we used the tungsten filter I mentioned. There are three. "I think" the A has the most correction. 85 is middle and C is the least. btw they re not just orange filters, there is a curve that makes them particularly good for our blue tanks.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/55252-REG/Tiffen_8285C_82mm_85C_Color_Conversion.html

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use a canon 5d mark IV and the better line of their macro lenses. the 100mm lens is the most common but I think we use a 180 too Most of the time we adjust the lighting on the tanks prior rather than try and fix it in post. The camera sensors just don't do well with the blue light on full tank shots

So you have a $6000 setup and it still can't handle the blue light, lol.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not only do I have to learn how to use the camera, I have to learn how to use the post processing software. This is my first attempt using lightroom and watching a few Youtube videos. I think it's pretty good.

IMG_9310.JPG

Kearney.jpg

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back