Buying directly from Waterbox vs via a LFS

reynaldoramon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to purchase a Waterbox in the next year or so. My question is, what are benefits/drawbacks of purchasing from Waterbox website, vs buying a Waterbox from a local fish store vendor? Do prices vary? Is shipment/delivery time different? Financing still available? Thanks in advance!

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to purchase a Waterbox in the next year or so. My question is, what are benefits/drawbacks of purchasing from Waterbox website, vs buying a Waterbox from a local fish store vendor? Do prices vary? Is shipment/delivery time different? Financing still available? Thanks in advance!
Just be upfront with the LFS.. if they have been around for a bit.. not a bad person to have in your corner.. but if the markup is to high then.. probably not.

aprigging

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the REEF LX 230.5 the biggest thing for me was the LFS would give me a 10% credit for every dollar I spent to get coral. I am also lucky to have WaterBox and World Wide Corals 20 mins from my house.

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a very nice discount from my LFS along with discounts for the rest of the equipment I purchased from them. Lights, skimmer, return pump, skimmer, heaters, Mp40, rock, gravel, etc. also if the tank or stand arrive damage, your LFS will take care of everything.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are great ways to bring home your Waterbox!

When you order from our website, you deal directly with us regarding your order. If you have any changes, questions, etc. regarding your order, you can handle everything by calling us or emailing us directly.

When you order from your local retailer, they will be handling/placing your order with us. Any changes or updates will come from your retailer. Building a relationship with your local retailer is a great idea, as many will offer incentives when you order from them-- not to mention having in-person expertise available to you!

Your Waterbox will have the same warranty, etc. regardless of how you choose to order.

Happy fishkeeping! : )

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definitely purchase via your LFS so you have them in your corner if there are any issues with the tank.

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered directly from WaterBox I can say that I was very pleased with the experience and the service aside from the small heart attack I had upon delivery when the crate showed up in super rough condition sides busted pallet broken with a wicked tilt but to their credit when I called in they were very helpful and assured me that all would be well, after unboxing I found that the tank was in perfect condition (which was hard to believe after seeing the crate it came in) set up couple days later no scratches leaks or damage over all 100% satisfied the only thing is if you want a lid spend the money and get a clear view comes assembled and they will customize for you

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back