buying high end coral and selling it for cheap

reeflover_3303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever thought of this ??
As I’m going to be starting a anemone dedicated and the market is for nems is big. I was thinking if I sell nems and start buying all the fancy nems and sps. Then selling them for cheap to allow others to enjoy what the expensive market is all about.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a solid plan, but you have to consider your risk.. if your tank crashes and you lose your high-end nems, then what? If you feel that there's no risk in a tank crash happening, then how long will it take to recoup your initial investment by selling low?

OP
OP
R

reeflover_3303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the nems I’m planning on waiting for splits but I’m going to take things really slow. I’m going to be using money that came from the tank and trying to make some what of a profit but that’s not my main goal.

OP
OP
R

reeflover_3303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start I’m going to use rose, rainbow and if I can find one locally a black widow.

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RBTA are cheap already. Look for Shermans, Black Widows, & Sunburst. Even rainbows can be had for 1/2 of what they go for online.

I do this locally as well. I sell my Coral Collection Speckled nems for $35 - $65. $65 are 6"+

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RBTA are cheap already. Look for Shermans, Black Widows, & Sunburst. Even rainbows can be had for 1/2 of what they go for online.

I do this locally as well. I sell my Coral Collection Speckled nems for $35 - $65. $65 are 6"+
Hey you got any pics of those speckled nems, would love to add one to my tank?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have money to burn I suppose why not. I’d be sure to recoup my investment before selling them dirt cheap though.

Buy high and sell low. Sounds like every solid business plan I’ve ever heard of.
I feel that’s how my first dabble in the stock market went ;Facepalm Thankfully I learned a few things quick.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back