Buying Zoa's and Corals Online?

Fishhead1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Friends-Anybody ordered Zoa's or corals from Zooanthids.com, AquadSD or Top Shelf Aquatics? Have only done WWC online. Wanting to take the plunge again :). Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids.com is absolutely incredible. Highly recommend them :). I’ve had good experiences with aqua SD as well but I didn’t order zoas. Worth it to check out pieces of the ocean as well, they’re fantastic. Good luck with your search!

Renescence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have ordered from many different websites (UniqueCorals, Goldenstatecorals, Cherrycorals, AquaSD, Tidal Gardens, and Cali Kid Corals). I live in the LA area, so some of these stores are local to me and I go see them in person. I've never had a bad experience with any of them. None of my corals for any of these places have died.

WWC is horribly overpriced. I was shocked how expensive they were compared to other sites. Here are some great ones:

AquaSD and Cherrycorals have the largest selection of corals HANDS DOWN. Their photos are amazing and really do represent the corals well. I would definitely say that both of their corals are extremely reasonably priced. For example, 1 polyp of Illuminati Zoas on WWC would cost like $80-90. On Cherry, I got a polyp of 3 for $50. Todd at Cherrycorals really knows his stuff and sometimes you will see some super rare stuff come in that's just like....omg I have to have that. Like his meltdown favia we got our hands on.

Uniquecorals is great! We just bought these super unique looking zoas from them (there were like 21 polyps on one frag) and it was about $40. I believe they have another frag on there right now. I would also say they have great prices. I got a trachy there for $80 when it probably was worth $200.

Elliot and Nathan at GoldenStateCorals are my homies 4 life. I would say right now their specialty is in Gonis, but they have gotten some interesting stuff in. Like our splatterbubble we got from them, our glitter goni and a few others. I also have bought a few zoas from them like Fire & Ice, Goblin on Fire, and LA Lakers.

Tidal Gardens has some interesting stuff. I really love watching Than's videos on YouTube and his zoas are beautiful. We have always received beautiful corals from them.

Ben at Cali Kid Corals really loves the rare stuff (therefore some things are priced for what it should be at). He's got all kinds of interesting things. I've been to his store yeah? BEN HAS THE CLEANEST CORAL STORE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Seriously. There is no algae ANYWHERE in any tank there. The way he has his store set up is absolutely beautiful. We're buds. Recently, I got my hands on the super super rare and sought after Solar Circus Zoas. I gave Ben a polyp, so hopefully he can grow them out and start circulating them. :) Right now they are having a live sale, so you might not see all the corals right away, but normally all the coral goodness is right on the first page. :D

I hope that helps some!

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highly recommend you look around this forum you’ll get sweet deals... if you see something you like on a retailer do some checking around and make sure they’re not over charging and they’re getting the names right.... like just make sure it actually is worth 100$ per polyp before you buy it... top shelf has some nice zoas, zoanthids.com too (a little pricey sometimes) but their auctions are great! I’ve never ordered from Aqua SD but I love golden basket reef ! been wanting to make an order with Cali kid corals they have amazing stuff ! Just make sure whatever you get you truly love how it looks ! Don’t be afraid to message retailers with questions !

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I usually just always buy from fellow reefers but if a retailer has something I like I’ll go for it and most retailers are good at giving you what the pictures state...

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ordered from Zoanthids.com, but it was a great experience. I loved the way they the packed frags, everything was as advertised.

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend ordering from @Corals.com. They have a beautiful selections of zoas and other corals. One thing that stands out compared to the other companies is corals.com tells you the size of the coral your purchasing and everything on the website is WYSIWYG. You can’t beat that and free shipping after 150 :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back