By now all the Vectra Pumps are out. How do you like them, so far?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. I, like a lot of people here have those DC pumps by Jaebo/Reef Octopus etc. How close is the foot print to these other DC pumps so that we can swap them out?

Reefer's Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be a dumb question but people running these as return pump, how are you running them with a variable speeds or have them program them to run high/low tide. Wont this drop/raise the water level in the sump to much???
Only in the fuge chamber and return chamber. My protein skimmer is in the first chamber with socks and it doesn't change much. Maybe 1/4" max. Also to run with variable speeds through out day/ high low tide you need Reeflink so you can use ESL. Highly recommended

Reefer's Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! So far I haven't seen any complaints about the Vectra's and the response to just how much water these put out has been at the top of the compliment list.

Would love to hear more about your experiences with it on ESL. (Notifications, programming...etc. )

So far it's working perfectly with ESL! In fact this morning it started to suck air because I didn't get water the other day, I'm on disability for my back so some days it's just too difficult, but I heard it suck air from upstairs in my bedroom (tank is downstairs in living room) and I simply brought up the ESL app and turned pump down to 10% and stopped it from sucking air. Loved that! Also with programming it's very easy and user friendly I feel for the vectra, you can add and delete points quickly and change power at each point easily. I don't currently have notifications turned on but am probably going to try it out see what the advantages are. Here's my vectra schedule also!
9c26baea472313f9669b1cf3f5dd98b8.jpg

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See there in lies a problem.. Neptune decides to make competing products and then expects their competitors to make them compatible. When Neptune was a smaller company they made the modules compatible with others products. They are playing on a fine line right now and this could allow another company to make up ground on them again. They are getting away with it because they are so big right now.
I think you have this backwards. As I understand it, Neptune isn't making their modules compatible with 3rd party but rather providing 3rd parties a module they can use to make their own products compatible with Neptune. ETM made the decision to not release this as Apex compatible. From what I read, this was because they spent the time getting the pump and its own controller ready for release and will, in time, provide an option to connect to Apex. Have any of ETM's products released as Apex ready right from the get go?

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Just got my L1 and excited to get it running on my main sps display. One question though. I am replacing a reef octopus hy-5000 which is 1300 gph and running roughly around 5 ft of head. What percentage do I run the pump as a return at to replicate my current pumps gph?

Thanks

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Just got my L1 and excited to get it running on my main sps display. One question though. I am replacing a reef octopus hy-5000 which is 1300 gph and running roughly around 5 ft of head. What percentage do I run the pump as a return at to replicate my current pumps gph?

Thanks

Is this what you're looking for?

2bd1fed8b9b63e01dd88e5e08f9082ba.jpg

As far as what each specific % and corresponding gph is... I haven't seen that much specificity yet, but would be an eye opening experiment for someone to test. **Nudge, nudge. [emoji4]

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you're looking for?

2bd1fed8b9b63e01dd88e5e08f9082ba.jpg

As far as what each specific % and corresponding gph is... I haven't seen that much specificity yet, but would be an eye opening experiment for someone to test. **Nudge, nudge. [emoji4]

That's what I'm saying. The pump at 5 ft. of head is running around 2200 to 2300 gph at full power. So what percentage on the controller would I run it at to be at 1300 gph? Kinda looking for an answer from ecotech regarding this.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm saying. The pump at 5 ft. of head is running around 2200 to 2300 gph at full power. So what percentage on the controller would I run it at to be at 1300 gph? Kinda looking for an answer from ecotech regarding this.

Yah, that would be interesting to know. I'll bring it up in our group chat, but for a quick answer from the horse's mouth you may want to try sending a message to the EcoTech Customer Service team. You can find the direct link to them in my signature.

Or here in this thread..

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ecotech-marine-customer-support-link.211293/

If they have something for you, we'd love to hear you share it for other with the same questions! [emoji4]

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The set up process allows you to modify the maximum output of the pump so that it matches what you had before. Your sump level will tell you when you are matching the flow of the pump you are replacing. That is the only way to do it since (a) you don't know the gph of the existing pump and (b) the Vectra does not have a flow meter to allow you to set it to a specific gph.

playmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using M1 for return pump, manual setting 1/3 speed at night before I sleep, 2/3 speed daytime, try to run Reef crest mode later, it could be fun.

ss95003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with the users holding out for wxm/ apex comparability. I personally don't care who treaded into who's water first. apex making pumps or etm making controllers (reef link). I don't want one control for for some things and one control for other things. When/ if there comparable I'll buy one.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get your pumps wet folks!

Be sure to calibrate them for optimal performance customized to your tank. (It's really fun too!) [emoji4]

underwaterdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed mine. Calibration wasn't the easiest, but I did like the pump and like setting it manually. Honestly EcoSmart live is confusing the heck out of me, radions setup with a preset schedule no problem but the vectra not so much. It has one preset and it seems to continue to fall back to that default not letting me customize it.... Great pump but maybe too many features, I'll keep playing and try to update you.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my M1 running on my 80g since Thursday of last week, unfortunately I work weekend shift so I haven't really had time to do much with it. I can tell you one thing, it is dead quiet used in a submersed application. My tank was built with silence in mind and it does not disappoint. I think I'll be very happy with this pump but it's honestly too soon to give a fair assessment, but for now I have no complaints. :)

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I will put this on the list for an eventual upgrade. Keep the reviews coming please and thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back