AI Hydra

Pro2see1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am looking for info and/or help with C02 scrubber. The PH in my tank seems to be slowly going down and I was wondering if this is something I should consider. Also up for any suggestions. Thank you

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories

Slickzxz9

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am looking for info and/or help with C02 scrubber. The PH in my tank seems to be slowly going down and I was wondering if this is something I should consider. Also up for any suggestions. Thank you
I’m thinking about the same thing. I open windows but it only goes up a little, but enough to make me think C02 is the problem. New home and not drilling a hole in the wall so outside air is a non starter. Lol

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories

SpSDrew

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
I scrub the air going into mine. Usually go through 2 lbs of media every 10-14 days.

Attachments

• 75B944B7-3E68-43C1-8F59-DCA75909FEFF.png
    75B944B7-3E68-43C1-8F59-DCA75909FEFF.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 22
Corals.com

thejacgues

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The first thing I so to boost my pH is of course improving water surface movement, incorpelating more fresh air into the room. Then I focus on dosing Kalkwasser and Sodium Carbonate to boost pH. If you don't have a calcium reactor, I would be surprised if the solution above turned out to be insufficient. You can always try relaying fully on Calcium from Kalkwasser and Alkalinity from Sodium Carbonate instead of the other ingredients you used for Balling.

bakbay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Since I run a CaRx, I have suffered from low pH in the range of 7.7-8.0. Now I’m hovering between 8-8.3. I’ve implemented the following:
1. Kalk in ATO: easy and great pH boost!
2. Raised my Alk from 8 to 9
3. IceCap CO2 scrubber: not plumbed into skimmer but rather through a battery-backed pump, a slight gain in pH while serving as an emergency backup power.

It’s quite an adventure chasing pH. We all have seen very successful reefs with “low” pH so are we chasing unicorns here? ;)

Anyway, good luck with your CO2 Scrubber. It will work but perhaps you’ll have to consider the ROI given the media’s lifespan (or lack thereof).

Attachments

• B5062B71-4778-4850-8BE2-2B336644E97A.jpeg
    B5062B71-4778-4850-8BE2-2B336644E97A.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 18
World Wide Corals

Slickzxz9

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I use the canister from BRS and fill it up completely. I setup it up to partially recirculate so my media lasts about 4-6 weeks now. Without recirculating, it burned out in like 2 weeks.
How do you set up to recirculate? I think I have seen a video previously but that was before I was interested in getting one.

Nutramar Foods

jx.reef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
How do you set up to recirculate? I think I have seen a video previously but that was before I was interested in getting one.
Here is how I set mine up
1. Float switch for my skimmer to stop the skimmer if it overflows. This is crucial because if it overflows, water pumps into the CO2 scrubber and the liquified media ends up dumping back into the tank. The media is basically like kalk and skyrockets alk/ph and will crash your tank.
2. I bought 3D printed attachment and skimmer hole plugs online (from reefofhex I think). I only plugged half the skimmer holes because plugging everything caused too much humidity to build up.
3. Designed a simple water trap between the skimmer and CO2 canister to slow down water build up.

I’ve been running this setup since March and have been pleased with the results. You can see my apex PH graph reflects the nice, consistently high ph. 6709F519-731A-4B49-A69E-228E6E4EC0E3.png

Slickzxz9

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here is how I set mine up
1. Float switch for my skimmer to stop the skimmer if it overflows. This is crucial because if it overflows, water pumps into the CO2 scrubber and the liquified media ends up dumping back into the tank. The media is basically like kalk and skyrockets alk/ph and will crash your tank.
2. I bought 3D printed attachment and skimmer hole plugs online (from reefofhex I think). I only plugged half the skimmer holes because plugging everything caused too much humidity to build up.
3. Designed a simple water trap between the skimmer and CO2 canister to slow down water build up.

I’ve been running this setup since March and have been pleased with the results. You can see my apex PH graph reflects the nice, consistently high ph. 6709F519-731A-4B49-A69E-228E6E4EC0E3.png
Nice! I’ll do my homework. Thanks!

Avast
AI Hydra

Does it matter to you whether your fish are captive-bred or wild caught?

• I only buy captive bred fish.

Votes: 64 13.6%
  • It matters, but I will buy either captive-bred or wild-caught.

Votes: 344 73.3%
  • I think wild-caught fish are the better option.

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I don’t care where the fish were bred.

Votes: 50 10.7%