Cabinet/stand leveling feet and implications of sitting on engineered hardwood floor?

Onewolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Waterbox 230.6 from a guy on FB Marketplace and I had movers move the tank/stand from hishouse to my garage this morning. I noticed the black stand has a bunch (16 maybe?) of small (1/2") leveler feet on the bottom. I plan to place the tank in a location in the house that has engineered hardwood. I assume with 2000+ lbs sitting on these small feet they will possibly/probably put 'dimples' in the hardwood floor. Is that an accurate theory?

Is there anything reasonable that can be done to avoid dimpling the floor? I plan to sell the house in a couple of years so I would prefer to avoid dimpling the nice hardwood floors. The tank has got to go in that location so I'm looking for options? A 3x3 piece of 3/4" plywood painted black under each leveler foot? A 3x3 piece of the same engineered hardwood under each foot?

Thanks.

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think laying a piece of plywood down would be wise. It’s very likely that those tiny feet will deform your flooring given the weight of that tank

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your concern is definitely valid & possible. To simplify things I would personally use a full sheet that’s maybe an 1/8” smaller than the stands footprint rather than separate pieces under each foot.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back