Cade aquariums worth the price?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going all out with the colored PVC. :)
B786D98F-77C2-4635-B3A6-F82E84C72C11.gif

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I've had two RedSea setups and I love my CADE S2 900. The aluminum stand is very sturdy, No fiber board for the structure or stand like other brands. It's very convenient having multiple doors that open that allow you to easily access the sump, especially when doing maintenance or messing with equipment. I like the built-in power strips as well as having the one section to easily mount your controllers, looks great as well. Last for me is the gravity fed ATO which I really like. It's worth the extra money to me. I remember putting my RedSea cabinets together and was disappointed in the material as well as the instructions for assembling the cabinet/stand. Not knocking RedSea or any other companies but I don't think I'd ever buy another brand besides CADE from here on out except for an Elos which I've always liked and is out of my budget. Just my $0.02. I also bought my CADE for $1000 cheaper from a guy who bought it and never used it for the four months he had it. I got lucky on that deal.
Best of luck to you and your new tank whichever one you get!

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had two RedSea setups and I love my CADE S2 900. The aluminum stand is very sturdy, No fiber board for the structure or stand like other brands. It's very convenient having multiple doors that open that allow you to easily access the sump, especially when doing maintenance or messing with equipment. I like the built-in power strips as well as having the one section to easily mount your controllers, looks great as well. Last for me is the gravity fed ATO which I really like. It's worth the extra money to me. I remember putting my RedSea cabinets together and was disappointed in the material as well as the instructions for assembling the cabinet/stand. Not knocking RedSea or any other companies but I don't think I'd ever buy another brand besides CADE from here on out except for an Elos which I've always liked and is out of my budget. Just my $0.02. I also bought my CADE for $1000 cheaper from a guy who bought it and never used it for the four months he had it. I got lucky on that deal.
Best of luck to you and your new tank whichever one you get!
I went with the Innovative Marine Nuvo 75 EXT which also has an aluminum stand and side doors. I paid $1500. The equivalent Cade 900 is $3500.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 2 Cades. A 90 frag/lagoon and a 180 display.

Costs have gone up since I bought mine, but what hasn't gone up since then?

The streamlined no-nonsense plumbing and adaptability to add media, UV etc; for someone like me who would otherwise need to bring in help (not that I mind). The clean lines and strength of the stand, the side doors, the power station, and ease of cleaning. The SPACIOUS and adaptable sump that allows for easy cleaning, the ATO built in (which I use as a redundancy, but glad for that) the glass. The Customer Service from AB (Samantha in particular).

So I never bought a Tercel, and I never bought a Lexus, but I would pay the extra to get the perks I want on a higher end car that sits between these, and then again trade that in after 4-6 years. Plan to have the Cades for the next 15. So as I am a repeat buyer, the cost difference is worth it to me foe the reasons above.

Next tank will be a custom build however, unless Cade comes up with a 350 peninsula - smile

My son has an IM as well and the stands are nice, perhaps the 2nd best stock stands I have seen.

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have 2 Cades. A 90 frag/lagoon and a 180 display.

Costs have gone up since I bought mine, but what hasn't gone up since then?

The streamlined no-nonsense plumbing and adaptability to add media, UV etc; for someone like me who would otherwise need to bring in help (not that I mind). The clean lines and strength of the stand, the side doors, the power station, and ease of cleaning. The SPACIOUS and adaptable sump that allows for easy cleaning, the ATO built in (which I use as a redundancy, but glad for that) the glass. The Customer Service from AB (Samantha in particular).

So I never bought a Tercel, and I never bought a Lexus, but I would pay the extra to get the perks I want on a higher end car that sits between these, and then again trade that in after 4-6 years. Plan to have the Cades for the next 15. So as I am a repeat buyer, the cost difference is worth it to me foe the reasons above.

Next tank will be a custom build however, unless Cade comes up with a 350 peninsula - smile

My son has an IM as well and the stands are nice, perhaps the 2nd best stock stands I have seen.
All I can say is I'm putting that 2k savings to good use. :)

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I went with the Innovative Marine Nuvo 75 EXT which also has an aluminum stand and side doors. I paid $1500. The equivalent Cade 900 is $3500.
I didn't know IM had aluminum frames. That's good to know. Glad to hear about your tank. Now the fun begins!

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn't know IM had aluminum frames. That's good to know. Glad to hear about your tank. Now the fun begins!
Yes. I may be trying to future proof too much with my plumbing but it's been fun. Used the S-Pen on my tablet for the first time designing the layout. :)

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I need to do a little plumbing on my tank for a UV sterilizer. I didn't think about using the S pen on the tablet. Is there a certain app that you use when you design your plumbing?

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I need to do a little plumbing on my tank for a UV sterilizer. I didn't think about using the S pen on the tablet. Is there a certain app that you use when you design your plumbing?
I'm just using the built-in Penup app. Not doing anything fancy. Just drawing on a tablet instead of pen/paper. Funny that you mention UV because that's what I'm debating on at the moment. I was originally going to hook it up with a bypass. However with all the ball valves and unions that I've got in place for 2 return pumps with bypass and 3 port manifold, the plumbing is getting crowded.

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'm just using the built-in Penup app. Not doing anything fancy. Just drawing on a tablet instead of pen/paper. Funny that you mention UV because that's what I'm debating on at the moment. I was originally going to hook it up with a bypass. However with all the ball valves and unions that I've got in place for 2 return pumps with bypass and 3 port manifold, the plumbing is getting crowded.
Thanks for the info. A three port manifold sounds nice! I know how you feel. It's just one of those things where you want to get it as right as possible before you add water and then realize you want to change/add something, lol. Sounds like a fun project though. That's one of the joys in being able to design what you want from the beginning!

SolvangSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying a IM nuvo 75 ext which also has an anodized aluminum stand. Even though I've never plumbed a tank before I'm glad that I didn't go the Cade route. Being able to pick the sump, plumb in whatever I want like a UV, manifold, dual pump returns, etc.. is priceless.
I have to replace a leaking tank and am looking at the IM nuvo 75 ext and the int. How quiet is the exterior overflow? Build quality good?

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have to replace a leaking tank and am looking at the IM nuvo 75 ext and the int. How quiet is the exterior overflow? Build quality good?
Very happy with the build quality. Once you adjust the gate valve so that the water level in the ext overflow is right, it's super quiet.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no plumber but I know how to fix my sprinkler PVC pipes. :) I could get a Fiji sump, APEX, and the plumbing and still not spend that 2k difference. I guess it then comes down to do I want to spend the time? I guess I'm curious if the build quality is any better than an Innovative Marine 75 EXT? The Cade 900 is a little bigger so there's some of that price difference.

It's imported too I think... so that accounts for some of the expense.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on your staring point. - if you are a big DIY’r then you might not benefit from some of the features - ready for easy plumbing, built in power control, gorgeous stand with world class panel access - I have one of the first 180s to come to the sates and it has been a joy from start till now. - going on 3 years

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on your staring point. - if you are a big DIY’r then you might not benefit from some of the features - ready for easy plumbing, built in power control, gorgeous stand with world class panel access - I have one of the first 180s to come to the sates and it has been a joy from start till now. - going on 3 years
I shipped that cade to ya. They are nice aren't they.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are and thank you
when are you making a 350?

a 90 lagoon and 180 - need a new tank shot, lots more SPS growth
34B9D01F-77E8-44A4-BC79-9C910C6037EB.jpeg
10D8518F-27D4-4350-A439-B90FDACF6D6C.jpeg
I am not sure . We don't design them we just are the US distributor. I really like the frag tanks. I have a 1200 s2reef at my apartment and one in my office. When you say 90 lagoon are you referring to the gallons.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back