Cade Chaos Grimoire

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't do 55 minutes, but I'll skim it.

Thankfully it's only the 64ish cube here to move if we end up doing it. Stupid thing is still heavy - all that thick glass :rolleyes:
I don't think I'll ever do low iron glass again. It just wasn't worth it. It did not offer more clarity than a normal tank. All it did was give me a grey hue vs a green hue.

The weight is also a big negative.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay the bits I watched gave me ideas, thanks for that. I'll set them up in a temp tank with water from this tank on day 1 when I take plants and dog. Then come back, trade cars with husband while I break down rocks into the boxes I have set aside and planned for that part of the process, they'll be okay for a night. Then day 2 we break down tank the rest of the way and move it up there and start setting it back up. Once it's back up and clear I can move the fish back in.

I was stressing about the fish and having to scramble to get so much done in one day but while the 10g I have is absolutely not suitable for 3 large fish for long, it'll be okay for 24-36 hours. Better than bags.

That alleviates some of the stress for sure.

Thanks!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay the bits I watched gave me ideas, thanks for that. I'll set them up in a temp tank with water from this tank on day 1 when I take plants and dog. Then come back, trade cars with husband while I break down rocks into the boxes I have set aside and planned for that part of the process, they'll be okay for a night. Then day 2 we break down tank the rest of the way and move it up there and start setting it back up. Once it's back up and clear I can move the fish back in.

I was stressing about the fish and having to scramble to get so much done in one day but while the 10g I have is absolutely not suitable for 3 large fish for long, it'll be okay for 24-36 hours. Better than bags.

That alleviates some of the stress for sure.

Thanks!
You can keep the rocks in trash bags as long as they stay wet.. get them to your new location and just mist them every so often or throw in a tote with some water till the tanks back up.. I had mine in trash bags for 7 hours “when i just upgraded tanks” and even the Sps encrusted on them lived lol… that blew my mind! The rocks felt dry and I expected them to die but nope!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can keep the rocks in trash bags as long as they stay wet.. get them to your new location and just mist them every so often or throw in a tote with some water till the tanks back up.. I had mine in trash bags for 7 hours “when i just upgraded tanks” and even the Sps encrusted on them lived lol… that blew my mind! The rocks felt dry and I expected them to die but nope!
I pilfered some of the heavy duty Styrofoam boxes we get the betta cups in, have a lot of newspaper set aside, and even grabbed the silver liner from the regular fish bags at work. I plan to set up some kind of contraption with all of that to keep them nice and moist :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime - I called the LFS, it is something that they do. They were supposed to give my information over to one of the service techs to give me a call at some point today or tomorrow. The price is $100 an hour, I'm assuming that involves drive time as well. I have not heard from him yet to get details on specifics. Might get pretty costly when it's an hour drive to begin with.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime - I called the LFS, it is something that they do. They were supposed to give my information over to one of the service techs to give me a call at some point today or tomorrow. The price is $100 an hour, I'm assuming that involves drive time as well. I have not heard from him yet to get details on specifics. Might get pretty costly when it's an hour drive to begin with.
Wow and I thought my LFS was pricey at $80 an hour.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard back from the LFS anyway, so I guess we're doing it ourselves for sure
You've got this. You have the experience and the know how. Save the money and have a cpl extra drinks when you finish doing a bad butt job.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved soooo much crap today. Wed-Fri are the home stretch to move everything from this house to the in-laws. They drywalled our house! Hopefully we're not in between for too long.

Break time though, time to binge read some...

Just started The Terror

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ID, ?? please... :)
Best I could get ,is light yellow ,not reg Kenya...;)
guess need a new phone...:rolleyes:
IMG_20230612_121022_461.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ID, ?? please... :)
Best I could get ,is light yellow ,not reg Kenya...;)
guess need a new phone...:rolleyes:
IMG_20230612_121022_461.jpg
My guess is a type of sinularia. The nepthea usually have pretty visible sclerites

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks , but nope, i'll try Tif's phone tomorrow, pretty sure type of nepthia... :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks , but nope, i'll try Tif's phone tomorrow, pretty sure type of nepthia... :)
I don't know if you saw my edit to that seconds after I posted it because you had already liked it before I submitted. But the nepthea usually have pretty significant & noticable sclerites....

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why are you asking me if you already know the answer? Just to be able to tell me no? Trust me, my customers have that on wrap
Never seen one before ,just trying to confirm is all... :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back