Cadlights PLS-50 Elite II is an Excellent Nano Skimmer

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had any luck getting one of these lately? It unfortunately really does look like one of the better skimmers for larger AIO tanks but from all the stories I'm really hesitant to give them my cc number. Might just give the FijiCube skimmer a shot instead. Tired of the IM pump issues.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with Icecap.....quiet and started Skimmer in less than 24hrs, came in last Friday installed on Saturday started skimmi g on Sunday

Attachments

• 20210822_231747.jpg
    20210822_231747.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210822_231716.jpg
    20210822_231716.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 100

Bob Tiffany

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had any luck getting one of these lately? It unfortunately really does look like one of the better skimmers for larger AIO tanks but from all the stories I'm really hesitant to give them my cc number. Might just give the FijiCube skimmer a shot instead. Tired of the IM pump issues.
I just got mine a couple of months ago, you have to order through Mode Aquariums now. They were a little slow, but after a couple of emails I got a tracking # and then had the skimmer about a week later. It really is a well-built skimmer, and it's incredibly quiet. Took about a week for mine to break in properly and calm down with the bubbles, but now it's dialed in quite nicely. There's no load on my tank right now so not much to skim, but I can tell by the foam it's producing now that it's going to be a good skimmer.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried four different nano skimmers on my IM 30L and haven’t been impressed with any of them so far. I came across mention of this PLS-50 here and checked it out. Looked good and was on sale at Modeaquarium.com for $169. It arrived today and I could tell right away this was nothing like the other nano skimmers out there.
Thick acrylic and heavy duty construction. The pump is twice as large as the pump that came on my Nuvo Skim Midsize. The skimmer body is larger and thicker. Nice big collection cup with drain. It makes a huge amount of foam.
After running a couple hours, it skimming some dark skimmate. If the pumps lasts, i’ll be very happy with this purchase.
C11F9654-3E93-435F-BA5E-0206E3AFA247.jpeg

So I just received my PLS-50 today and have a quick question. It came with what I'm assuming to be a drain hose for the skimmer cup. Did you just shorten the hose to plug the drain or am I missing a part? Not a big deal obviously but just curious.

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Aquamaxx HoB 1.5 for 18 months. It has noisy water bubbling sound from the water outlet in addition to the gurgling from the air tube.

How quiet or noisy of the Cadlights PLS-50 v2? Can experience user comment on it please.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Aquamaxx HoB 1.5 for 18 months. It has noisy water bubbling sound from the water outlet in addition to the gurgling from the air tube.

How quiet or noisy of the Cadlights PLS-50 v2? Can experience user comment on it please.

Buy a box of these pads, cut a square, put a hole in it and stretch it over the outlet. It’ll stop the bubble sounds and lessen the salt creep.

I have the airline connected to a scrubber so it has no sound. If you make an external silencer and not use the one built into the skimmer it’ll be dead silent.
AABED525-131D-460D-B996-6441D0F57873.png

Bob Tiffany

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve been very happy with mine so far, definitely the quietest skimmer I’ve ever owned. It’s seems pretty consistent once set and pulls out great skimmate.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When I first put my PLS-50 in the tank it was intolerably loud. Terrible vibration. Tried all sorts of things to quiet it down with no luck. And then, after about two weeks or so, it suddenly became quiet. Haven't had any noise issues since. Still the loudest thing in my tank but not to the point where it's bothersome. Maybe there was a rough spot in the pump that finally wore down. No idea.

Ryan173rd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone try fitting one in a RS max nano or is our only choice a tunze 9001

Back