CAH reading twice the normal reading

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread. So I will not go into detail unless I get a reply. When using my idip for calcium I am getting twice the expected reading. 950 ppm. I am using CAH strips and CAH drops (2). I have been receiving normal readings a week ago, but now this. Thoughts?

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you dosing in your system? That is a huge increase. Did you take more than 1 test?

OP
OP
C Hawk

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you dosing in your system? That is a huge increase. Did you take more than 1 test?
I have taken several tests. All the same high level. I did not think it is possible to even get that high. I dose alkalinity via my Neptune DOS system. And calcium as needed manually. But I want to add that to my dosing with DOS. My ALK is a steady 8.5 . A bit perplexed

OP
OP
C Hawk

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok found the answer to my question. for some reason my unit is presenting the readings in calcium carbonate equivalents. To convert to calcium you need to multiply by .4

So my 1092 reading converts to 437 ppm calcium.

Thank you Randy

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok found the answer to my question. for some reason my unit is presenting the readings in calcium carbonate equivalents. To convert to calcium you need to multiply by .4

So my 1092 reading converts to 437 ppm calcium.

Thank you Randy

Yes, this a common issue our users face. Most users will want to test for calcium as Ca, not as CaCO3. If you're getting high calcium readings, you will want to check your preferred units of measurement. To do so, go to the menu (image of three stacks in the top left hand corner) and select "Profile." Once there, select "Preferred Units of measurement" and find "Calcium." Click on calcium and scroll from "ppm (as CaCO3)" to "ppm (as Ca)." Hit “OK” in the bottom left corner.

Run your test again after changing your settings and see if your results are at a normal range. if not, contact us at [email protected] and we will get it sorted out!

IMG_7662.jpg

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.2%
Back