Cajun Reefer's Waterbox Marine X 90.3 Build

Cajun_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone!

So my Waterbox Marine X 90.3 finally came in! And I'm head over heels for this tank. The stand took about an hour and a half to build with my husband, and then I made my own saltwater to fill the tank. I used Aqua Forest sea salt for the basics. I've got 60lb of Fiji Pink sand, and some Caribsea life rock. Two AI Prime 16s, and a ReefOctopus VarioS-4 return pump. Two AI Nero 5 powerheads, and I've got a heater coming in on Saturday. I'll work on getting a protein skimmer next!

I'm going to let this tank do the "long cycle" which will be tortuous, but I want this thing to be 100%.

If anyone doesn't already follow me on Instagram, if you'd like to follow along with the tank... go follow me! HERE! :)

20210415_123637.jpg

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome congrats on receiving the tank! Will be following I’ll head over to insta now!

OP
OP
Cajun_Reefer

Cajun_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more stable = mas bueno. When do you plan on putting life in it? Are you tossing in a dead shrimp?
I just turned off the lights, removed the filter socks, and dosed Dr. Tims with some ammonia today. Gonna try the fishless cycle and see if I'm patient enough for it. LOL!

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Baton Rouge! I like that oak stand as well!!

I’m in the process of setting up a WB Peninsula 3620, which I think is the exact same dimensions as this one, just in a peninsular layout.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back