Calcium reactor and Kalkwasser reactor/stirrer

Coralqueendom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help figuring out what to do on my next build and what equipment to run. Currently I mix kalk in a 5 gal pail then transfer it to my ATO. It keeps my Ph, calcium and alkalinity stable. I’ve been considering a calcium reactor but my pH is already low 7.8 and I’ve heard they can lower pH. Can you run both pieces of equipment at once or is it one or the other? Does one benefit more than the other?

Brendank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help figuring out what to do on my next build and what equipment to run. Currently I mix kalk in a 5 gal pail then transfer it to my ATO. It keeps my Ph, calcium and alkalinity stable. I’ve been considering a calcium reactor but my pH is already low 7.8 and I’ve heard they can lower pH. Can you run both pieces of equipment at once or is it one or the other? Does one benefit more than the other?

I run a calcium reactor and use saturated kalk with an ATO. With the alk demand in my tank, the kalk probably doesn’t do much if anything. It will keep stuff from growing in the top off reservoir if nothing else.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%

Back