Calcium reactor for very large systems

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody mentioned Schuran Jetstream 2 or if you have deep pockets, Schuran CR250.
Most effective reactors on the market

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most importantly both models do the job without 200 lbs of media
And they work perfectly. Not sure you will find anything that utilises media and CO2 any better

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Comments about a certain individual have been removed because that's not what we do here at R2R. Thank you for understanding.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy... that Schuran C250 is a monster!
I wonder at what point you find that one is not enough (not my picture) ......

file-87.jpeg

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the Deltec 3000 and like it. while automatic, it can be connected to a controller for even more control. I have mine set to adjust feed as alk varies, and to let me know the instant I’m out of co2.

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just took delivery of the Deltec 10000. Thanks to this thread... I learned about saturation reactors and going to try it out!

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the Deltec 10000! Im very intrested to see how this works out for your system. By the time I'm ready for a calcium reactor this is for sure my #1 choice.

Rolf Thomas Iversen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from a Vertex RX-C 6D to a Schuran CR250.
And if there are two things I miss.
First thing is a flow meter. Taking time with a measuring cup is a waste of time.
The second is a degassing chamber.
A degassing chamber saves you a lot of CO2 but most importantly it raises your pH.

zip70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the Deltec 3000 and like it. while automatic, it can be connected to a controller for even more control. I have mine set to adjust feed as alk varies, and to let me know the instant I’m out of co2.
If the controller for some reason not working, can we buy it here in the US for new one?

zip70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deltec USA has everything. Give them a call. 844 899 8088
Thank you...I did not call them yet..but I could not find any by browsing on the net...That's why I have not decided to buy it yet. They should have something on the net so you can see it or at least to know the price. I dont know why they could not do it

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the way I take it, on larger tanks, it is better to have a reactor than dozing...correct?
It is arguably cheaper over the long run. The reactors can run for 3 or 4 months without intervention once dialed in.
Also, the dissolving material, which is coral skeletons or something similar, can supplement other elements into the tank. I only have experience with Kalk and Ca Reactors with dosing as needed... I am guessing there are guys with big tanks who make three part with bulk ingredients.

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you...I did not call them yet..but I could not find any by browsing on the net...That's why I have not decided to buy it yet. They should have something on the net so you can see it or at least to know the price. I dont know why they could not do it
I’m not sure I understand what you are looking for.

zip70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure I understand what you are looking for.
I m looking for to buy their calcium reactor. I just worry if some day my controller went bad and I don't have another controller right away. Like I said I didn't find it in their website. If you can pinpoint it , that would be great.

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I m looking for to buy their calcium reactor. I just worry if some day my controller went bad and I don't have another controller right away. Like I said I didn't find it in their website. If you can pinpoint it , that would be great.
It is not on the website - but the people at Deltec USA are very responsive. I have heard that the proprietary parts (like the pump and controller) could take a few weeks to obtain if they break, which is the downside of using this reactor. Try calling Deltec USA and ask if they keep parts on hand for rapid shipping, and if not, how long it would take them to get your reactor back up if your DC pump fails or your controller dies.

zip70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not on the website - but the people at Deltec USA are very responsive. I have heard that the proprietary parts (like the pump and controller) could take a few weeks to obtain if they break, which is the downside of using this reactor. Try calling Deltec USA and ask if they keep parts on hand for rapid shipping, and if not, how long it would take them to get your reactor back up if your DC pump fails or your controller dies.
Thank you. This is exactly I tried to say. On the other traditional CaRx , I have everything to backup. Just a few hours my CaRx will be back running if any of these failed. The pump, the ph controller, the regulator...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back